hogs in north mississippi?

Crosshairy

Is it common to see hogs in the northern areas of Mississippi now? This seems awfully close to Tennessee. They will be here (SW Tennessee) soon in numbers it seems...

I heard a story yesterday from a co-worker about being overrun by a pack of hogs (12 of them) while hunting around Sardis lake in north MS.

He was on an archery hunt, and he did manage to kill one before the others got unsettled and cleared out.

Another friend said that he saw one dead on the side of the road just south of Holly Springs.

Relentless

Guys I work with have been killing them for several years around Holly Springs and more around Greenwood. Also talk to guys who hunt them around Iuka.

Although they seem to be populated in North Mississippi, I have never seen one in Tennessee.

Tn_River_Ratt

They are in scattered pockets all over North Ms and in certain areas of South West TN. I sure wish Tn would modify the laws and regulations similar to Tx and Ok before things get out of hand.

htnseymour

I have in-laws in Iuka and I hunt there a lot during holidays and early season. I haven't seen any hogs, but my father in law says he has seen six killed this year about a mile from his farm.