Hodgdon Closes GOEX Blackpowder Plant

Safari Hunt

Minden, LA was a big ammo plant, primarily servicing the military. So they close it and the military will be using crossbows and spears due to lack of gun powder?

Wobblyshot1

Thanks for the info. Who does that leave to make BP and substitutes? Not a ML hunter...yet.
There are European black powders available but this will naturally leave a huge void. Hodgdon has somewhat of a monopoly on black powder and its substitutes. They own GOEX, Pyrodex, Triple 7 as well as Blackhorn209.

Carlos

I sure hope another operation buys their's and gets it running again.

DeerCamp

There are European black powders available but this will naturally leave a huge void. Hodgdon has somewhat of a monopoly on black powder and its substitutes. They own GOEX, Pyrodex, Triple 7 as well as Blackhorn209.
I use Pyrodex and 777. Are you aware if those will continue to be available?

Wobblyshot1

Hate to hear that. Hopefully another American company will try and fill the void. I wonder what it cost to have a boat load of powder from Europe?
It's already coming in from Europe. If you've ever seen Schuetzen or Graf and Sons black powder then you are basically looking at relabeled Wano from Germany. Of course, there is also Swiss. Below is a link to Wano.

Tiny

Actually just the distribution where BH209 n Western Powders Accurate n others they have. NOT TRILLED By It Either.

Latest posts