HME Hitch Hoist

SteveJ

I bought one of these back in the summer to use this hunting season to load deer into the back of the truck since I usually hunt by myself and also to raise the deer while I skin it out so I don't have to have a tree limb. After putting it all together, I realized that there doesn't seem to be an easy way to break it down to fit easily in the back of the truck. So I ended up just leaving it at the house to use there to hang the deer and wasn't able to use it to load the deer in the truck. It did really come in handy at the house but I didn't know if anyone has used these and if there is a way to break it down to make it more manageable. There's a pin near the middle where I could separate 2 sections but I was afraid the cable would become loose on the spoil. Any ideas?

Omega

I take it that it won't collapse when you pull the center pin? Mine is a different brand, it has the hoist attached to the upper portion, so when I am done I just separate it in the middle for storage. Mine doesn't have that extra "foot", which is a good idea, I may have to add that, and I also like the piece on top that locks the gambrel in place so it doesn't spin, may have to add that too.

If it won't collapse, maybe you can tighten the cable once you separate the pieces, to tighten the cable on the spool.

fMkymIk.jpg

SteveJ

This one will collapse to 74" without taking it apart in the middle which is manageable but with a short bed truck, it pretty much takes up the length of the bed. I'll try what you mentioned and see how that works. I wish I could get it down to 48" so that it would fit the width of the bed

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
I have one and do seperate it at the middle. Just make sure you keep up with the bearing and race by putting the pin back in. Yes the cabble will back spool some and it can look like a mess but it saves my back and a lot of time loading deer (and other things) into my honda UTV. Warning the hand winch will lift more than the hoist can handle. But it is worth it to me.

SteveJ

I've never seen one of those. Good idea though. Looks like a back saver and not too bulky to transport

Latest posts