Hevi shot shells

wrcox

I am thinking about giving them a try but they are very expensive so I was wondering if any one who uses or has used them can tell me if there worth the money

PinchPoint

Im shooting MagBlends this year and they pattern way better than any other shell that I've shot. Choose shots carefully on turkeys, and they are well woth the money IMO

catman529

my wallet is not hevi

but it is Supreme

looks like this might be my last year shooting the win. supreme loads. Will probably just switch to the new double X lead loads this fall.

I am sure the HTL loads are a whole lot better for patterns and longer range, but I personally don't see the need when my lead loads have done a great job for me and they don't hurt the wallet. I have killed from 6 to 45 yards with the same loads (5 and 6 shot) but the preferred range is anywhere under 30 yards, the 45 yard shot was instinctive right as they were running and flying away, and dropped the bird in its tracks.

PREDATORDJ365

The hevi 7s are by far the best shells for my 20 ga. I tried several brands and shot size. Ain't no comparison. They have a rebate going on til july i think. Buy two boxes and get twenty bucks back with the rebate. One box you get ten bucks back.

Grizzly Johnson

catman529 said:
my wallet is not hevi

but it is Supreme

looks like this might be my last year shooting the win. supreme loads. Will probably just switch to the new double X lead loads this fall.
I am sure the HTL loads are a whole lot better for patterns and longer range, but I personally don't see the need when my lead loads have done a great job for me and they don't hurt the wallet. I have killed from 6 to 45 yards with the same loads (5 and 6 shot) but the preferred range is anywhere under 30 yards, the 45 yard shot was instinctive right as they were running and flying away, and dropped the bird in its tracks.

The new Double X loads are the old Winchester Supreme loads.... just a new graphic on the box.... same black hull, same oz load, same velocity as well.

Grizzly Johnson

wrcox said:
I am thinking about giving them a try but they are very expensive so I was wondering if any one who uses or has used them can tell me if there worth the money

They are worth it if you can afford them..... also require a choke tube that is rated for High Density or Heavier Than Lead shot.

Trevor2

Im shooting the mag blends and love them. Lead will definatley kill and dead is dead but dont try to compare numbers from HTL with lead, just no comparison. I am gonna pick up some of the turkey thugs and give em a whirl. Heard nothing but good things about them. Not a bad thing to say about the win supreme loads either, just switched for better numbers is all.

catman529

Grizzly Johnson said:
catman529 said:
my wallet is not hevi

but it is Supreme

The new Double X loads are the old Winchester Supreme loads.... just a new graphic on the box.... same black hull, same oz load, same velocity as well.
That's what I heard but someone said the wad was different. I will have to cut one open and see... or just shoot it at some paper. Sure it will probably pattern the same

spitndrum

Yes use Hevi Shot, We are sponsored by them and a great company at that, have shot them for about 3 seasons now, talke about giving ol tom a headache!!! Pay for a good quality shell!

PickettSFHunter

Worth every penny in my opinion. Im a straight #7 man, but only have a few left and cant find any this year without ordering them. Im sure I would be fine going back to lead but I like the confidence of a very dense pattern.

wrcox

Thanks for all the input. I think I will be trying the mag blend out. I'm using the super full choke that came with the gun its a remington ultra mag turkey special again thanks for input

Gobblrgttr

Shot Winchester Supreme Double X Magnum for years and tried the Mag blends two years ago, well worth the money. Gander Mtn has the 3 in shells for 24.99 for five