Hevi 13

buckdead

Bone Collector said:
Wes Parrish said:
muzzy smackdown said:
dont know much about hevi13 but the win extended range is one mean shell . . . . .
I agree, and the Win Extended Range is also about half the price of the Hevi-13.

I have pattern-tested both, and will say the Hevi-13 gave me slightly denser and slightly more uniform patterns than the Win Extended Range. But then, I was comparing 2 oz Wins against 2 1/4 oz H-13s, still #6 shot vs. #6 shot.

I also tested some Hevi-13 #7 shot, which not surprisingly produced significantly greater pattern density than anything else tested. Since I only go for head shots, I think this #7 shot may just be the ticket, and wish Winchester would offer it.

Anyone know the exact differences between Win. Extended Range #6 pellets and Hevi-13 #6 pellets?

I have only seen the Winchester extended range at one place (academy sports Franklin) and it is actually just as expensive as the Hevi 13. The difference is you get 5 Hevi 13's gor about $15 and 10 Winchester extended range for $30. They do have a Winchester Supreme Hi velocity that shoots at 1300 FPS that are about $13 for 10.

The other problem is they only have the Hevi in 4 and 5 and they are the only place in the area that I have seen that has the Hevi. I know Bass Pro Shops has it, but that is a haul from M'boro.
Your best bet would probably be to order off line. The best H 13 loads imo are the 3" 2oz loads and 3.5" 2.25oz loads in #6 and #7s. I order mine from here http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/d ... 2&vendors=

Latest posts