• Help Support TNDeer:

Here is a covid story for you

RUGER

Supporter
Friend of my wife's dad fell out of bed last week.
He is in his mid-90's and is in VERY poor health.
After they got him in the ambulance they said he was covid positive and had possibly had a heart attack.

He has copd, pacemaker and has to go to dialysis every few days.
I can't remembe what all else is wrong with him.

They took him to Nashville and put him on the covid floor.
My wife and I were talking about how it sucks his wife and daughter can't see him and he will never make it.

Three days later, he is home and doing fine.
Don't get me wrong I am super glad it turned out like this but it boggles my mind, IF he did have it and he got over it THAT quick, how can a seemingly healthy 50 year old man get it and die 3 weeks later.
I just don't get it.

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Kirk

Supporter
There's obviously some sort of genetic predisposition to course of the disease with different people. I'm actually surprised this hasn't been researched and understood better yet.
It would explain a lot of the varied outcomes the disease has produced. Perhaps COVID-19 is not novel but actually ancient in origin. Several people already carry genetic immunity or the ability to suppress it.

BSK

There's obviously some sort of genetic predisposition to course of the disease with different people. I'm actually surprised this hasn't been researched and understood better yet.
Agreed.

This is Nature at work. Given any new disease within a population, some, by random genetic variation, will either be immune or suffer no symptoms from infection. Some the new disease flat-out kills. This is how Natural Selection has been working for a very, very, VERY long time.

Hammer

My doctor friend told me that for some reason every immune system reacts to Covid differently.

Some can handle it others can’t and they really don’t know why.

catm1

My doctor friend told me that for some reason every immune system reacts to Covid differently.

Some can handle it others can’t and they really don’t know why.
Have been told and have read that those with Oneg and possible Opos blood type have more resistance to the virus and their bodies tolerate the infection more than others. Would be very interested in what other on this forum that have had the virus and have these blood types have to say.

redblood

Friend of my wife's dad fell out of bed last week.
He is in his mid-90's and is in VERY poor health.
After they got him in the ambulance they said he was covid positive and had possibly had a heart attack.

He has copd, pacemaker and has to go to dialysis every few days.
I can't remembe what all else is wrong with him.

They took him to Nashville and put him on the covid floor.
My wife and I were talking about how it sucks his wife and daughter can't see him and he will never make it.

Three days later, he is home and doing fine.
Don't get me wrong I am super glad it turned out like this but it boggles my mind, IF he did have it and he got over it THAT quick, how can a seemingly healthy 50 year old man get it and die 3 weeks later.
I just don't get it.
Glad he did ok. The test are very simple. If covid is present, they are covid positive. That doesnt mean they will have serious symptoms Or any symptoms for that matter. Similar to a parvo test they run on a puppy. We receny sent a pup to
Michigan and clients vet told us he failed a parvo test. I asked if the pup was sick and the vet said no, he had no symptoms. He never did. But the 2nd and 3rd test still indicated parvo. Maybe it was from the vaccines i gave him. Pup was fine, never got sick. I asked why did they test him in the 1st place, and he said because he came from a parvo area of the country

megalomaniac

The test are very simple. If covid is present, they are covid positive.
I wish it were that simple, but it is not.

There is up to a 25% false negative with the sensitive PCR test before day 5. The later in the disease you get, the less chance for a false negative. The lower your viral load, the higher the chance for a false negative. BUT, the PCR test does not differentiate between live virus (someone is infectious) and dead virus (no longer infectious)... for this reason, you can still test positive for Covid with PCR WEEKS after fully recovering and you are no longer contagious.

The rapid test for covid is plagued with an unreasonably high false positive rate. Too many asymptomatic people are mislabeled with covid, forced to self isolate, and have a false sense of security that they are immune and the virus is no big deal.

Last edited:

BMan

There is up to a 25% false negative with the sensitive PCR test before day 5. The later in the disease you get, the less chance for a false positive. The lower your viral load, the higher the chance for a false negative. BUT, the PCR test does not differentiate between live virus (someone is infectious) and dead virus (no longer infectious)... for this reason, you can still test positive for Covid with PCR WEEKS after fully recovering and you are no longer contagious.

The rapid test for covid is plagued with an unreasonably high false positive rate. Too many asymptomatic people are mislabeled with covid, forced to self isolate, and have a false sense of security that they are immune and the virus is no big deal.

AND... the PCR tests are running at far too high a cycle count, so the false positive rate is through the roof.

To be expected, though, as both the creator of the test and the WHO have said it is not a standalone test for infection. It's being bastardized - why is that again? That's right - cases cases cases!

redblood

There is up to a 25% false negative with the sensitive PCR test before day 5. The later in the disease you get, the less chance for a false negative. The lower your viral load, the higher the chance for a false negative. BUT, the PCR test does not differentiate between live virus (someone is infectious) and dead virus (no longer infectious)... for this reason, you can still test positive for Covid with PCR WEEKS after fully recovering and you are no longer contagious.

I was speaking as too how they are classified with the department of health

citico_tim

Have been told and have read that those with Oneg and possible Opos blood type have more resistance to the virus and their bodies tolerate the infection more than others. Would be very interested in what other on this forum that have had the virus and have these blood types have to say.
My daughters were explaining this to me last night. We are O, I'm O+, they are O-. Now this is in no way scientific, just an observation.

They teach school, at school, every day. They have been quarantined twice each after spending several days with COVID positive people, including their dang husbands and other family members, (none of whom got very sick). But they are still testing negative for both the instant test and antibody test. Going again today.

In other words, they by all accounts should have had the virus, and haven't. The only one in our family who we think had COVID last winter, and got very ill with the classic symptoms, was the wife and she isn't O. I am probably the highest risk, and although I haven't been tested, I think I may have had it this summer. But not very bad. IMHO, there may be something to it.

Latest posts