Henry Homesteader 9mm Flop or not??

DaveTN

I can see an application for a pistol caliber carbine in a foldable like The M&P FPC or the Kel-Tec Sub2000 for a truck gun. But is this Henry going to be a hit or not?

It is compatible with M&P, SIG, and for you guys that can't afford very good stuff; Glock mags.

But, like most of the other new offerings, all they offer is 9mm. That's fine if I looking for something for the wife or kids, but not for me.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

DaveTN

I personally believe the advantage of a pistol caliber carbine is to have the same caliber as your carry gun, and ideally use the same magazines. Thrown in the vehicle for a little better option. If not, I'd just go with a standard rifle in a .223 or .308.

I thought I'd use an AR pistol for that application, but found an AR without a stock is pretty useless and a full size AR is not easily concealable.

I need something that will take M&P .40S&W mags. So I'm hoping this S&W FPC will be offered in .40S&W, but I'm not holding my breath.

vonb

I would have bought one had they been available. You can't find one with the Glock adapter. I therefore went the Ruger PC Carbine route. I think they will sell a truck load of them. I for one like formats other than an AR. Henry is also a reputable company providing quality offerings. If anything, price is a little steep.

Specializedjon

I agree with @EastTNHunter about the looks of it, but it's a Henry and I'm a big fan of their firearms and quality. I'd be surprised if they'd risk this if it wasn't up to their standards. I may get one just because.

Pistol caliber carbines are "fun range guns" in my opinion. I great way to burn through a 1000 rds of 9mm in an hour.

mike243

Wasn't the m1 the little 30 cal? bet the ammo cost more than 9mm, haven't looked at ammo in a long time but cant remember the last time I seen any, Have a friend that's probably passed away now that shot a deer somewhere over there in ww2 said it took several shots to kill it, only deer he ever shot he said.

kamml

Henry makes very good products.The only problem I have with it is availability. It would be a nice addition to my battery, if I could find it.