Hen with poults

DoubleRidge

Growing fast....she actually got out of field and cut through yard this morning....not a great pic... taken through the window....but fun to watch them chasing bugs and fluttering around.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210619-062751.png
    Screenshot_20210619-062751.png
    269.9 KB · Views: 68

CrossVolle

Walked up on 3 big hens at the farm last week and counted 15 poults. When i finally busted their bubbles and they went to the air i think there was many more than that. A lot of hard work has resulted in a rather absurd turkey population. It pays off.

megalomaniac

There hasn't been a single poult seen anywhere on any of my farms this year despite multiple hens around. That's really unusual. We've had a ton of bad hatches before, but never this bad. Hopefully they are out there and we've just missed seeing them coincidentally during all the daily farming operations.

But at least the majority of toms we passed up did make it through the season, so I will have some carryover birds for next year

1jamey

I have 1 hen with 4 poults on my farm. 5 other lonesome hens but as of 1 week ago still had strutters with some of the ladies. This is by far the worst hatch I have seen so far. Hopefully I missed some with my trailcams

Grainger

Just saw 2 hens, one a "Smoky Grey" I've been seeing for a year now on a job site I work at, with 3 poults. This is in suburban WestKnox.

Saw 4 hens at my place up in Grainger Saturday, no poults with them.
Man who owns the farm next to me was out doing a little bushogging, said he saw several Hens with some poults along the edge of my woods--he didn't mention specific numbers.

deerfever

We were driving yesterday evening and seen two hens with 10 poults cross an old road in front of us. They flew as we drove by.I believe we had another great hatch around here. I have been getting good reports all over then seeing that yesterday was great!

Rakkin6

Had these guys in my yard this morning. There are 2 other hens and maybe another 10 poults out of the picture. Walked into my back porch and they were all out in the wide open in my yard. Went and got my phone and when I came back out they were heading back into the woods. So I just got the clearest pic I could. You can see one of the other hens on the far left side and one more poult. But the others were just to hard to make out in the camera. This is in Montgomery County.

Attachments

• IMG_20210718_070402709_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20210718_070402709_HDR~2.jpg
    644.1 KB · Views: 55