Help my decision making

vonb

I recently purchased a Taurus 66 7-shot .357 with a 4" barrel. I have been impressed with it. For all of the negativity Taurus gets, I think it's ill-founded with what they're putting out these days.

DC219

I'm looking at a Taurus raging hunter 357 vs Glock G40….
I really don't know much about the Taurus. However, after 18 years of being a LEO firearms instructor and armorer, I've witnessed hundreds of thousands of rounds fired through Glocks with remarkably few weapon-induced malfunctions. They are extremely reliable and easy to repair in the rare event something breaks.

Grill-n-man

I know you said you've changed your mine but for later on down the road. The Taurus is a real good revolver. As for the difference in the 2 what would be the main reason, strait up hunting or tag along just in in case? If hunting I'd pick the revolver unless it's in the thick stuff where I may need to get off a quick after shot. I have hunted with a handgun along with carrying one for up close when couldn't get rifle around plus tracking one in real thick stuff for close to 30 years. I've shot em with both calibers and both get it done with proper bullet. Biggest advantage ( with hand loading not considered) is factory ammo choice. The 10mm has a load range to cover east TN deer to hard cast bear loads. Also with the Glock you'll save on carry weight, easier and quicker to load, and faster ( for normal shooters) follow up shots as most can't shoot a double action revolver as accurate as shooting it in single action. Either one you get you really can't go wrong. One last piece of advice is I would suggest using a chest holster for carry. I've tried and spent a lot and a lot of money over the years on different holsters and a good chest holster is the way to go. The weight is distributed evenly, very comfortable, keeps the gun within easy reach at all times, the gun is very secure and even bent over gutting a deer a proper fitting one will retain the gun. I had a Ruger 1911 fall out a shoulder holster that I thought had good retention into the guts while gutting one. That my friends is a gun cleaning mess I wouldn't wish on no one.

Latest posts