Heated socks

Lost_dawg

Has anyone tried the battery powered heated socks from Walmart? I get miserable when I'm sitting and my feet freeze. I've bought insulated Muck Boots and my feet still freeze. Any suggestions if the heated socks do not work?

skipperbrown

I don't have any experience with battery powered heated socks. All the reviews I read are lousy except for the really expensive ones that are out of my price range. Try putting chemical heat packs under your toes once you get to your stand. I use Arctic Shield boot covers over my favorite uninsulated boots. I stuff one in the other and attach them to the back of my day pack. They aren't very bulky. If it's really cold, I throw a heat pack in the over boots.

UCStandSitter

Those battery powered socks were garbage in the 80s. I never bothered to find out if they've improved since then. Used to wear them a lot quail hunting and my feet either froze or felt like they were on fire.

Do yourself a favor brother and snag you a pair of Darn Tough socks. Those jokers with a lighter liner pair will keep you warm and toasty. You'll suddenly have the urge to own 10 pair.

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
Those battery powered socks were garbage in the 80s. I never bothered to find out if they've improved since then. Used to wear them a lot quail hunting and my feet either froze or felt like they were on fire.

Do yourself a favor brother and snag you a pair of Darn Tough socks. Those jokers with a lighter liner pair will keep you warm and toasty. You'll suddenly have the urge to own 10 pair.
That was my experience with them as well. I actually took my boots and socks off and put my feet in the snow because the socks were burning my feet.

Deer 1

My feet get cold easily and the hunt goes down hill from there. I'm on my 3rd year using snow deer heated socks. They are still going strong! Helps my stay still, focused, and in the stand longer.

rsimms

I haven't tried any recently, but in days gone by, I wasn't impressed with a pair I tried. Depending on temperature, they either didn't get warm enough, or they got too warm and made my feet sweat. I just broke down and bought a pair of these. I'm waiting on some REALLY cold weather to try them out. Amazon product ASIN B01ELKP5UY We'll see?

UCStandSitter

When I upgraded my boots to LaCrosse Alphaburlys in conjunction with the DT socks I saw a MASSIVE improvement. I'd been wearing cheap Academy mud boots for years. Had no idea what I was missing. When we got that snow last winter I went out lookin for hogs and almost ended up with frost bite. Came home and ordered new boots as I was trying to thaw out. Was all the motivation I needed.

ROVERBOY

I use the Arctic Shield boot covers. As soon as I get in blind or stand while my feet are still warm, I put them on. I could never find a pair of boots that kept my toes warm. The problem is that your feet sweat a little with insulated boots and/or socks, and then they cool down, and oh crap. Some guys change their socks when they get to stand/blind.