Heard one on the radio the other day

woodyard

woodyard

DJ wants people to call in with the best excuses they have used to callin to work.
Lady calls, says she called in that she had anal glaucoma and couldn't make it in. ...........

Said she just couldn't see her behind making it in to work that day.

D

Dale3

Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackson county(Gainsboro)
I think the best one I ever heard was a lady called in to the radio station.
They were talking about deer being hit by cars. She called and said something like...She had hit three deer in last couple of years. She wanted to know why they put deer crossing on such busy roads, and why
don't they move the crossing to road with less traffic on them :lol: :lol: :lol:

B

Big Pop

Arm was in a cast (fishing rod). Arm was in a sling (rifle sling).

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
That's funny right there! Back in the day when I was still on the bench I told my boss I had something wrong with my eyes.
He was all concerned and asked what was wrong.
I said its pretty outside the fish are biting and I can't see my arse staying past 10 this morning.
Lol I left too!

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

MUP

MUP

Supporter
I'll throw my instance of an excuse in the ring. We had 10 sick days a yr where I used to work, and at first we didn't need any excuse whatsoever to use the time, kinda treated it as personal time. Then the supervisor decided he wanted a Dr's excuse for any time used, fair enough I thought. Later on he decided that he wanted the Dr to write on the excuse what your illness was, and, that he wouldn't accept "sinusitis" as an excuse anymore. Well, I used a day sometime after all the changes, went to the Dr and was seen. I asked for a return to work slip, and received it, but it didn't have anything about what I was there for written on it. When I asked the nurse to write it down, and that my employer now required it, she said that it's none of anyone's business and that it was Dr/patient confidentiality. You can guess where this is going... Handed my supervisor the excuse slip when I returned to work, he opened it, read it, then, in a smart hind end attitude asked me "hmmmm, can't work due to illness? What was your illness?". Now this man was an intimidator to the employees of the shop, and not a small man either, and that's why it gave me great enjoyment to tell him that I asked them to put the reason I was out on the slip, and that they said "it was none of your business". :D Downhill after that, and he turned all shades of red and purple, telling me HE wouldn't pay me for it then. I got paid for it tho. :)