Hazards of squirrel hunting.

Carlos

I remember years ago I'd gone hunting with my Uncle, my cousin, and my Grandpa. I had just turned 11 and they decided I was about big enough to go off on my own with my 20ga single barrel. I was a little worried about it myself, but I trusted them to make sure nothing happened. (They probably bever got too far away, looking back on it, but they were out of sight for sure.)
It had just gotten daylight when I spotted a pair of squirrels high in the timber. They hid when I tried to get closer, so I sat down at the base of a large Oak tree and waited. After just a couple of minutes, my left ear started burning really bad! Then my ankle started, and then my forehead lit up. I'd sat right next to a nest of Yellow jackets in the ground. I stood, threw my gun down up and swatted them for a minute. That's when my cousin walked up and saw what was going on, yelled for me to RUN! and I did. I must have been stung over 20x I guess. That hurt like hell, and I'll never forget it. I had stings all over and even after I got away, there were several in the tops of my shoes trying to sting thru my socks.
My cousins the only one still living who remembers that trip. We did bring home a few squirrels that day but one of them had to go retrieve my shotgun from the base of that tree.
😄

chimneyman

I took a boy deer hunting he killed a doe and I drug it to a perfect limb to hang and skin. There was a yellow jacket nest directly where we hung the deer.we started getting stung then realized what was going on We took off running screaming like little girls then I remembered I had to go back and get the deer down I probably got 15 or so stings he got about 5

FoxFire

When I first stated hunting a friend of mine found a hornet nest that looked to big as a gallon jug and nearly 3 times as long, he swung a remington 1100 up and fired 3 rounds nearly all at once, it looked like black water pouring out the bottom of the nest, we tore out in different directions and neither got stung, last time I squirrel hunted with him.

Urban_Hunter

Last time in my life I can remember crying in pain… think I was 11. Went to retrieve a dove that coasted right under an unseen hornets nest. Got popped twice on the back of my head and neck, almost simultaneously. Thought I got shot. Ditched the dove and managed to keep it together for all the family men. My grandfather came over to me and said it looked terrible and undoubtedly was killing me in pain. Looked me in the eye and said it's ok to cry…. And I balled lol