Hawk Helium vs Lone Wolf Sticks

7X57

Out of the two sticks, which would be best for the public land/mountain hunter. I'm not so much concerned with the weight as I am with the overall ease of setup, safety, and which packs the best. They'll be paired with a Lone Wolf Assault II hang on stand. Thank you.

MAGA

I have no experience with the Helium sticks, but I've used Lone Wolf Sticks for a number of years and I have no complaints.
One thing I like about them is they're longer than most other sticks (e.g. Muddy), so you can get higher up in a tree. I feel 5 sticks is the best because you can get really high up in a tree if you need to.

MAGA

I would personally get the 4 pack of the Lone Wolf sticks and go from there.

7X57

Sounds good. I would like to hear from someone who has used the Heliums. They appear to be a quality stick. I would like to know how well they pack to a Lone Wolf stand. Thanks for all the replies.

thetoolman

I have never used the Lone Wolf sticks or stand but I was in the same boat last fall. I ended up going with the Hawk Heliums to pair with my Millenium. I have 4 Heliums with a short aider and can easily get to 20 -22 ft. Could probably get even higher if I tried. I am 5 '8 so that plays a big role as well. I did modify my Heliums to utilize 8mm accessory cord and the Versa Button. I feel like that setup is quieter and lighter. I went with the Heliums for two reasons, first was the double steps, when hanging a stand it makes a world of difference to have the double steps. The second was cost, I could get 4 heliums for less than 3 Lone Wolfs.

Which one packs better, I can't really say. I will say the heliums nest really well and I use the NiteIze Gear Ties to attach them to my stand. Those things are worth every penny! I don't think you could go wrong with either stick.

7X57

ImThere":2d76rnfz said:
If I had to stand On One foot and hang a loc on I would be pissed of at myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes sense. Do you carry your lock on on your back while hanging sticks or do you come back down and get it afterwards?

ImThere

7X57":1bqcar2r said:
ImThere":1bqcar2r said:
If I had to stand On One foot and hang a loc on I would be pissed of at myself

Makes sense. Do you carry your lock on on your back while hanging sticks or do you come back down and get it afterwards?
One trip if I'm using a loc on or my saddle.

gobblegrunt

thetoolman":1tb18kur said:
I have never used the Lone Wolf sticks or stand but I was in the same boat last fall. I ended up going with the Hawk Heliums to pair with my Millenium. I have 4 Heliums with a short aider and can easily get to 20 -22 ft. Could probably get even higher if I tried. I am 5 '8 so that plays a big role as well. I did modify my Heliums to utilize 8mm accessory cord and the Versa Button. I feel like that setup is quieter and lighter. I went with the Heliums for two reasons, first was the double steps, when hanging a stand it makes a world of difference to have the double steps. The second was cost, I could get 4 heliums for less than 3 Lone Wolfs.

Which one packs better, I can't really say. I will say the heliums nest really well and I use the NiteIze Gear Ties to attach them to my stand. Those things are worth every penny! I don't think you could go wrong with either stick.

This right here. I use the Heliums and love them. I bought two of the 3 packs and use 4 of them. In the off season I'm going to make a few mods to them. I'm going to cut them down shorter to cut some weight and add a versa button. I will also probably add step aiders to my first rwo steps. Who knows I may buy some lone wolfs eventually. I'd say you can't go wrong either way.

Crosshairy

I had planned on buying the Hawk Heliums after doing a lot of contemplation and research a few years back. I figured that I'm only going to get LESS agile as I get older, and I'd prefer to have a system that's a bit more future-proof for either my abilities or the different trees/limbs that I'd be working around.

If I was planning on walking for miles with the gear on my back and doing a truly backcountry hunt, then I'd probably stick with the Lone Wolf setup just to shave off a pound or whatever (I forgot the weight difference), but other than that I just think the 2-step design is superior over the long haul.

hunter0925

7X57":3bxwf7y7 said:
Thanks for all the replies. I'm kind of leaning towards Lone Wolf sticks after my online research. May add an aider to the bottom stick.

I have the muddy aerolite sticks and have a home made aider on the bottom of each stick and have no problem making 22ft with 3 sticks.

Latest posts