having trouble sighting in

wrcox

Went to sight In my muzzleloader. It has shot great for last 2 seasons. This year I cannot get it to hit same area twice. I am talking 3+ inches without moving anything anyone have any suggestions I checked scope to see if loose and all was ok I'm shooting 245grn powerbelt bullets with 120grs triple 7 powder only change from last year is primers last year I shot Remington this year triple 7. Any help appreciated

MikeyB

You're not flinching and you're doing the same shot, wet patch, dry patch routine (whatever yours is)?

I found some days I'm flinchy...nervous energy. Still hitting a pie plate, but not driving tacks.

Switch your primers back and see if that works. I never completely shoot out any one component. Just case I need to go back to what worked to just prove it did work.

mike243

max load of 777 is 100g,backer down to 90 & then move to 100 if you want the most smack,primers caused me some grief this last weekend,back up to par now

Model70Man

Go back to the Remington primers. I did the same thing 2 or 3 years ago. I tried the Winchester primers and the groups went south. Switched back to the Remington primers and back to great groups.

wrcox

Powder is about 2 years old and has been stored in gun safe. Scope was purchased last year its a Nikon designed for muzzleloaders. I know it could still be messed up but I don't think so yet. Ill get fresh powder and go back to Remington primers and see what that does. Thanks form all advise.

wrcox

shot gun again today using old primers everything back to normal thanks for all advise never thouht primers would make such a difference thanks again

Latest posts