Hard work an muscle aches

Os2 Outdoors

Os2 Outdoors

I own a logging company an usually 2 days a week I spend all day behind a saw. After these days of course I'm tired an sore. I've read in a few other threads about something some of you guys had been taking that was helping with muscle an joint pain.

I was wondering what it was? Is it natural an if it's safe?
Safe/FDA approved? Or anything other info or suggestions for a faster recovery.
b65108f8108b74dd4d3d24fc07c2e8ab.jpg

Os2 Outdoors

Os2 Outdoors

GRIT":1sl14c8s said:
A couple of good mixed drinks.
I concur. But I'm meaning the next day at lunch. Drinks an chainsaws don't mix lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

7mm08

7mm08

Hydration hydration and hydration. Oh yeah. You might be getting older! Ha! Sorry. Ps. That’s impressive!

B

BDS05

Hydration, alcohol, Blue Emu and Goodys

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Os2 Outdoors

Os2 Outdoors

7mm08":11wgv5z2 said:
Hydration hydration and hydration. Oh yeah. You might be getting older! Ha! Sorry. Ps. That’s impressive!
I agree. I drink til I float my eyeballs. Roughly 1.5-2 gallons a day.

D

deerfanatic

Glucosamine but also chondroitin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ladys man

Ladys man

May just be me but I love splitting wood but that’s a bit much for a day lol

P

poorhunter

Turmeric and black pepper. Helps me quite a bit. Also, one of the things I learned when I was young was to go back at it when your sore the next day...that however does NOT work anymore. Good stretching EVERY day is a big big way to help sore muscles.

backroads

backroads

These are supplements that people use to build muscles and muscle recovery.

1. Whey protein powder. I would get one that also has BCAAs (Branched-Chain Amino Acids). Walmart has a decent whey protein shake.
2. Creatine. I use Optimum Nutrition. (might as well recover and build muscle at the same time)
3. L-carnitine. People supplement with L-carnitine to increase their body’s carnitine stores, especially the carnitine levels in their muscles. This, in turn, can produce a number of beneficial effects, including less muscle soreness, better post-workout recovery, and increased nitric oxide production.

H

Hunter 257W

Very large doses of Vitamin C right after a real hard workout will reduce muscle soreness. I'm talking something like 8 Grams or more. I've tried it and it does help.

catman529

catman529

Do you stretch before working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AT Hiker

AT Hiker

Stretching “before” is kinda a misnomer, you need to warm up and get into the groove but still, stretching will not prevent muscle injury.
Sounds like you have inflammation. You can fight it naturally by being cautious of what you eat and building those muscle up and strengthening the core.
A NSAID can help at the end of the day, so can the supplements but that might only be a baindaid of what’s really going on.

Os2 Outdoors

Os2 Outdoors

AT Hiker":12qj6blv said:
Stretching “before” is kinda a misnomer, you need to warm up and get into the groove but still, stretching will not prevent muscle injury.
Sounds like you have inflammation. You can fight it naturally by being cautious of what you eat and building those muscle up and strengthening the core.
A NSAID can help at the end of the day, so can the supplements but that might only be a baindaid of what’s really going on.

Yeah I'm definitely slower the first hour or so. But once I'm warmed up an in a groove the next 8 or so hours I feel like a million bucks.

I'm not talking about debilitating pain or anything. Just the muscles I use the most, elbows-foreamrs, lower back, are the main ones. Just normal soreness from over exertion. I fully recover if there's a day an 2 sleeps between going back to cutting.

M

Mike Belt

Might have something to do with getting a little older...? Either that or having to drag some of those big bucks you keep killing, lol.