Handgun Hunting

bjohnson

Glad I found this thread. I plan on picking up a Ruger SRH in .454 Casull this spring. I may only shoot hot .45 LC out of it for deer but it'd be nice to have the option of the Casull when I find myself in grizzly country in the next few years. Anyone use a red dot over a traditional handgun scope?

Chief44

Glad I found this thread. I plan on picking up a Ruger SRH in .454 Casull this spring. I may only shoot hot .45 LC out of it for deer but it'd be nice to have the option of the Casull when I find myself in grizzly country in the next few years. Anyone use a red dot over a traditional handgun scope?
I've tried a few different handgun scopes over the years but at ethical deer ranges, open sights just seemed to work better for me. Now that my eyesight is getting older, I really like the red dot option. I've got a red dot on two different 10mm's and I'm thinking about putting one on one of my 44 handguns.I'm sure their are some great options out there but I'm kinda partial to the Burris fast fire 3.

rong

Smith and Wesson 686 Competitor with a Vortex Venom 3 mm red dot. Underwood Ammo .357 180 grn. flat nose GC for ammo.

Latest posts