Guy got real lucky yesterday

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
I had to take my wife back to the foot doctor in Union City yesterday to get a different brace for her foot.

On the way over there the 4 lane was actually pretty clear and at times I was going 50 mph but you still had to keep a good eye out for heavy slush in areas and some ice still on the road.

At one point a guy passed me and he had to of been going at least 75 mph.
I told my wife that was pretty stupid and was a great way to have a wreck.

A mile down the road at the next exit as soon as I rounded the corner I knew something was up because I could see smoke coming from down in a ditch near the off ramp and a car was coming to a stop on the off ramp.
Yep, there he was in what looked like a brand new Toyota Tundra, very pretty blue color.
He was on his roof down in the ditch. :shock:

Looked like he hit the off ramp at full speed and hit a patch of ice. When he went sideways off the road and his wheels hit dirt he was done. I figure he had to be running pretty fast to flip it like that.

I pulled over and stopped and saw a guy running down the four lane back towards us and another guy was coming down the hill from the other off ramp.
I just sat there and noticed the side impact air bag was deployed as you couldn't even see in the drivers side window.
I sat there till they got the door open and they got the guy out.
He was standing up and talking to him and appeared to be fine.
I just had to shake my head.

We left and went on to the doctor.
About 45 minutes later we came back by and, of course, the police hadn't made it there yet and they were all still standing there.
I had to stop and take a pic.
Don't show up real good but you get the idea.
I am glad the guy was ok.

Attachments

• CE737362-705C-4BE4-8D64-02433CBA1A13.jpeg
    CE737362-705C-4BE4-8D64-02433CBA1A13.jpeg
    9.4 KB · Views: 216
SilverFox

SilverFox

When I lived in SC, we had very few snow plows. The county I worked for tried to clear the interstate first but since we only had 2 plows, they were always behind. We had roughly 38-40 miles of interstate. None of our ambulances or rescue trucks were 4x4 so those of us with 4x4 personal vehicles would ride the interstate checking wrecks instead of attempting to get trucks out there. I'd often pull people out the medians with a chain and send them on their way. I couldn't tell you the number of people I'd pull out and a couple miles later they would be back in the median again.

It was rare that we got an all snow event. It would usually start as ice or finish as ice.

rem270

rem270

Supporter
What an idiot. Glad he's ok though.

J

jb3

Lucky dude. Coming back from Chicago after Christmas my wife and I witnessed a tacoma flip multiple times where the interstate split. I pulled over and got there as he was climbing out. He was in total shock. I got his coat and gloves out of the upside down truck. He had at least $3000 in tools all thrown all over the median. He was stating that he needed to call his wife. I had him sit down so I could check out how bad his head was cut as his face was covered in blood. I was with him for 10 minutes before anyone else showed up. The shoulder of the interstate had 3 inches of ice/slush and my kids were sitting in the truck with my wife. Two guys in a truck pulled over and I told him he was in just as good hands with them. It can happen in a blink of an eye.