Gun log

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Talked to a friend of mine yesterday.
His wife bought him a gun log for Christmas.
Each page is for one firearm.
It has a place for the brand, model, barrell length, caliber or gauge, serial number etc.
It has a place for a photo as well.
Where or from whom you bought it and even has a place for who you sold or traded it to if you get rid of it.
He spent one afternoon logging all his into it and while he had them out he went ahead and rubbed them down with oil.

His wife got home and he said, where did you get that book?
She told him where and he said, order me another one.
She said why, it has 60 pages in it!!!

It's full and I got 15 or so to go. :)

She said that was ridiculous and he said yeah there is no way I am gonna have a log with 45 empty pages in it, I need more guns. :D

DaveB

I did a video. Burned it to DVD.

I have many copies. It is about 6 rifles and scopes out of date.

I will do another one this weekend (its gonna rain Saturday).

I will have to either sell some stuff or get a larger Insurance rider.

Wobblyshot1

That's a good idea and I've already listed them with an approximate value for the benefit of my wife if I were to go first.
Lately, I have been thinning the herd some so she won't have to deal with "friends" making her "good offers" on my stuff when I'm gone.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not planning on checking out anytime soon but as I've grown older I looking more and more into the inevitable.

jlanecr500

TNRifleman":bjb68fdj said:
Microsoft Excel is your Friend.

Much easier to record and change information as needed.

This is what I did. Also, on each gun, I insert the comparator measurements for all of the bullets I have handloads for. I also note powder charge, COAL, primer brand/type, and velocity at a given temp for each handload recipe.

fairchaser

Great idea! Make sure you get the serial numbers on the guns and scopes. The police need these to track anything down.

Bad habit

After the in-laws house burned down a year and a half ago (losing a NIB Colt Python and Weatherby Euromark), I re-logged all of my firearms and took pictures of the serial numbers and both sides of the firearms. I did that because I have duplicates of some old rifles and didn't want the insurance company questioning anything. I also scanned in the serial number logsheets and emailed them to myself so I will always have them. The pictures are backed up on a cloud from my phone. Backing up to an external hard drive does you no good when everything goes up in flames.

Latest posts