Gumps vs. UGA

Spurhunter

Young is a very good college QB, but was severely limited when he couldn't outrun defenders.
Auburn gave Georgia the recipe to shut down Young (until the last drive when they went into prevent and gave the game away). If you pressure him and get him out of the pocket he can't beat you. If you let him stand in the pocket he'll pick you apart.

Gravey

Is it tradition for the Heisman Trophy winner to throw two INTs in the championship game, including a pick six? Asking for a friend.
Growing up and even during my young adult years it seemed that winning the Heisman was a kiss of death if your team was playing for the national championship. Didn't end well. At least that's how I remember it.

PillsburyDoughboy

Auburn gave Georgia the recipe to shut down Young (until the last drive when they went into prevent and gave the game away). If you pressure him and get him out of the pocket he can't beat you. If you let him stand in the pocket he'll pick you apart.
Guess they did not read that recipe in the SEC championship. LOL

PillsburyDoughboy

4th Quarter Bryce was drilling shots to receivers in the redzone and they could not catch a ball if had super glue on it and they had velcro in their hands. You CANNOT win a national championship like that. You just give the other team the opportunity to win.

Spurhunter

4th Quarter Bryce was drilling shots to receivers in the redzone and they could not catch a ball if had super glue on it and they had velcro in their hands. You CANNOT win a national championship like that. You just give the other team the opportunity to win.
Soooo, you're saying if receivers can't catch the ball when it's thrown to them you can't win a NC? That is some amazing analysis. Sometimes your football genius blows me away. I hope you aren't going to tell me next that if your defense doesn't tackle the guy with the ball you can't win a NC. Two earth shattering revelations within a few minutes would be more than I could stand.

PillsburyDoughboy

Soooo, you're saying if receivers can't catch the ball when it's thrown to them you can't win a NC? That is some amazing analysis. Sometimes your football genius blows me away. I hope you aren't going to tell me next that if your defense doesn't tackle the guy with the ball you can't win a NC. Two earth shattering revelations within a few minutes would be more than I could stand.
Facts are hard for you.

Mescalero

That was a good plan, if it had worked!
It did in the first half.

Dawgs win in spite of Stetson. Yeah, the big pass but that was a 50/50 ball. Dawgs D stepped up and won this game. Granted Bama had injuries before this game and then Jamo goes down, but I was surprised by Bama's lack of (usual Bama) CB and WR depth.

Union Co. Boy

You should be ashamed. This man is spitting football wisdom at us like a Vince Lombardi or Don Shula or Bill Belichick and you are laughing.
Yes, I am actually! 😂. Color me guilty, but I only reopened this thread today to see how bad folks were roasting the old Doughboy for all of his spouting and bragging! 😂. Watch out though, he might call his buddy "Bryce" on ya. Apparently they're on a first name basis! 🙄. And his football knowledge… Wow! Maybe "Nick" will call him for pointers! Oh Lord, this is way too easy. 😂

PillsburyDoughboy

Yes, I am actually! 😂. Color me guilty, but I only reopened this thread today to see how bad folks were roasting the old Doughboy for all of his spouting and bragging! 😂. Watch out though, he might call his buddy "Bryce" on ya. Apparently they're on a first name basis! 🙄. And his football knowledge… Wow! Maybe "Nick" will call him for pointers! Oh Lord, this is way too easy. 😂
Its all good. Its expected. I have pretty thick skin. Unlike alot of the people posting here. LOL

Spurhunter

Watch out though, he might call his buddy "Bryce" on ya. Apparently they're on a first name basis! 🙄.
Apparently you don't realize PDB is on the team. He's on a first name basis with all his teammates. We don't know what position he plays, but we know he goes out for the coin toss. Hence his famous quote "see ya on the 50".

PillsburyDoughboy

Third string walk on quarterback. 😂😂
Ncaa Football GIF by SEC Network

Latest posts