Guide Recommendation??

BuckMerker

Could anyone offer some advice on a bass fishing guide within 4 hrs of memphis? I am looking to take my dad on a half day trip. I have looked up guides on pickwick but I am hesitant to pay money to someone just because they have a fancy website and have a few pictures of fish. My goal is to spend some time with my dad and if we catch a few fish that would be a bonus.

mike243

Id drive a little farther & go with rsimms, he can put you on just about any type of fish & stay out a full day,1/2 day can be non productive but given a full day you will get into fish most of the time

Spurhunter

I would definitely go to Pickwick on a smallmouth trip. There are several good guides there. I'm not sure who is the best. Roger Stegall would probably be my pick. Check out his website.

rrhoghead

good luck on who ever you pick. Hope you really enjoy the time with your Dad. Wish mine was still around to do things with. Cherish the moment.

Spurhunter

BuckMerker said:
Thanks guys! Spurhunter, have you ever been with Stegall?

No, sorry. I have only heard stories and seen pictures his clients have put in Mid South Hunting & Fishing News. Plus, the fact that he does so well in major professional tournaments there in all kinds of conditions would sell me.

chunkandwind

On Pickwick. Stegall is the man.

Ky Lake has several great guides. Tophat mentioned Daniel Ellis and he is a good friend of mine and an outstanding fisherman. He
will put y'all on fish and you will have a great time doing it.

Bullfrog

Stegall on Pickwick. Sam Lashlee, Ben Parker, Curt McGuire,Daniel Ellis, or Dave Stewart on Ky, would all be great choices.

Latest posts