Grilled duck

BlackEagle1

You have probably already cooked them but mick is right. I get my grill to max heat, throw them on, and when the bacon turns brown I pull them. Over cooked duck = undercooked liver. OH and be ready to fight fire!!!! I have had several massive grease fires.

Mud Creek

Thanks guys! Threw the duck(mallards and woodies)breast in Italian dressing and a couple rubs with a pinch of brown sugar for a couple hours then wrapped in bacon. A couple woodies ended up well done some were medium well even still they were really good not too tough at all. The mallards turned out better they cooked about like I figured. They were VERY tender and juicy!!

There's definitely a "different taste" with ducks not bad just new/different. Actually better than I thought. Ive heard it's just not good eating but I liked it. I had a lot going on and forgot to get pics. The outside rubs helped charred it and by looks I thought they all want way over medium rare but they turned out good.(bacon was well done though lol) I feel like next time will be even better.

Attachments

• 0303181547b.jpg
    0303181547b.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 1,555
  • 0303181555.jpg
    0303181555.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,556

rukiddin

theres nothing really what I'd call "different" about the taste of ducks when cooked med rare. To me, ducks are the only wild game I've ever eat that's almost a match to good med rare beef fillet. Ducks are by far, my favorite wild game of any kind to eat. We will eat ducks two-three times a month at our house. 99% of what we eat are mallards. But like others have said, if it's over cooked, I'd be ashamed to feed it to my dog. But same can be said for a beef fillet or ribeye too in my opinion.

Mud Creek

Not bad different but it ain't rabbit meat either which is the wild game I eat the most of. Not worse than rabbit meat just different. Far better than what I have heard about it being rubbery, greasy, tough or whatever. The few wood ducks that went over were even good in my opinion. I'll keep killin and eating them that's for sure! Is duck jerky possible/good?

Latest posts