Great night below Center Hill

MidTennFisher

Killed the trout below Center Hill on Friday. With one generator running, right as the second one cut on is when the action started. I was drifting/twitching a chrome Kastmaster spoon and caught 10-12 trout in a little over an hour. All larger sized and very fat (full of shad). Kept my limit and they were all barely under 14". Also caught a brown that I had to throw back. This was the first time I've ever caught the Caney Slam so I was happy about that. I'd add pics but don't really feel like creating some online photo storage account and link to it.

PS - Admins, please make it so we can add pics by browsing to the file on our computer. That's a lot easier.

MidTennFisher

shopson said:
I never trout fished larger waters where shad was a food for trout. Learn something new everyday. Nice catch.

When the shad are coming through the generators it can be a blast fishing down there. I didn't see any shad coming through but evidently they were. All those trout were so fat because their stomach was full of shad; shad the same size as the Kastmaster I was catching them all on!

Latest posts