Great Fishing Trip/Fishing slow but lots of fun

OldFart

Went to TN River/Hog Creek and crappie fished Friday afternoon and nearly all day Saturday. Caught 15 for both days total (for both of us), 7 a day. Water temp was 53 deg. The most anyone we talked to caught was 10 with most catching 4 or 5 per boat.
Still was a great trip, got to spend some quality time with an old friend I graduated from High School with at Dyer. We had a lot of catching up to do. He had a boat and a cabin up there.
So turned out the trip was one of the best ever, even with slow fishing.
1. What is the temp when they begin spawning? We caught a few at 7 to 8 ft but also a few at 3 ft. Many had eggs.

2. Would Kentucky Lake proper be slightly warmer than the river?

3. What's Reelfoot doing now. I'd think it would warm much faster. I've been searching the web for water temps on Reelfoot but about all I get is ads.

I'm getting out somewhere yet before I go back to CO, have about a week left, maybe Reelfoot, maybe Gibson county Lake. Also a bit of turkey hunting.

4. Stuff seems like about 2 wks to a month behind, fishing and hunting.

Thanks Ray

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I think they been catching them good at Reelfoot.
Heard Gibson County is really really low, but haven't been there.

Last report I had from KY lake were they were SLOW.

This next week could change everything though, looks like it is going to be beautiful.

OldFart

I was at Gibson County Lake, it's low but up slightly after recent rains. Talked to 4 or 5 fishermen and employees out there and fishing was real slow, water was a bit choppy, not unsafe at all but choppy enuf to be irritable if you wanted to stay in one place. A few crappie and a few bass were caught by these fishermen, most had boats, it would take more than a trolling motor to buck the wind. I would still like to get out fishing another time or two, may try turkeys this afternoon.
Thanks Ray

OldFart

The turkeys were most uncooperative yesterday afternoon. Saw exactly nothing! Still good to get out to my farm, did see a couple deer there.
Please ck my other post about asking water temps?
I heard that some crappie were being caught over at Humboldt. Is the "Davy Crockett Lake" the same lake as the old "Humboldt Lake?
Thanks Ray

Latest posts