Great day at Pickwick

easy45

We caught 19 blue and channel cats along with a couple white bass and a few drum, 4 of the blues are tarp fish including a 30.12 pounder that we didn't get a pic of and these

My wife's 28.2 pounder that we had to put back
2013-03-09124644_zps349fb2ec.jpg

My 45 pounder
IMG_1635_zps869fca51.jpg

And my buddy's 60 pounder
IMG_9712_zpsaac1ac46.jpg

Crosshairy

Great fish!! Did you use cut skipjack, or something more secret? :)

I'm looking to drive out that way for some white bass in the near future. I would assume that they aren't really going strong at the dam yet. If you were me, would you fish the dam, go downriver to Savannah, or wait a couple weeks?

easy45

Crosshairy said:

I'm looking to drive out that way for some white bass in the near future. I would assume that they aren't really going strong at the dam yet. If you were me, would you fish the dam, go downriver to Savannah, or wait a couple weeks?

Well I can tell you that they were not at the damn at all, the cats came off whole skipjacks, we only used the smallest ones we could catch, which were plentiful that day, we tryed like crazy for white bass up there for alittle while and managed 2

Frank G

Crosshairy said:

I have friends that are from Illinois that come here every year for a month! There are 4 that stay all month and 3 more will spend 1 week at a time. They are just kicking the whites below Pickwick damn every day. This year they �only� tugged 3 boats down! Must be nice to be retired and deep pockets. Two are going to hunt turkey this year at my lease.

easy45

Frank G said:
Crosshairy said:

I have friends that are from Illinois that come here every year for a month! There are 4 that stay all month and 3 more will spend 1 week at a time. They are just kicking the whites below Pickwick damn every day. This year they �only� tugged 3 boats down! Must be nice to be retired and deep pockets. Two are going to hunt turkey this year at my lease.

We must not have been in the right spot, we saw several boats just down from us that were fishing for them