Great Customer Service from LeCreuset

TAFKAP

Mrs. TAFKAP and I started a LeCreuset enameled cast iron collection early on in our marriage. It started with a frying pan purchased at the outlet store in Miramar Beach, FL and has grown to a few pieces. One of our most prized (and heavily used) one is a 6.75 Quart Dutch oven. A couple weeks ago, I was cleaning it, and noticed a pea-sized chunk missing out of the dead center of the enamel coating. Well crap!

So I checked online, they're warrantied for life, so I started the claim process that night around 11:00. I had an email the next day from someone asking for more pictures, and the entire process was settled that day. Turns out, the pot was overheated and that was the source of the damage. Their response was basically, "you screwed it up, here's why, but we'll send you a replacement anyway". He said pick a color, and I'll get it out to you. It took less than a week.

I know their stuff is ungodly expensive, but it's quality cookwear, and they definitely stand behind it. Buying from an outlet is the best way of getting LeCreuset.

TAFKAP

I thought the discoloration was just the patina of use. Nope....definitely overheating.
1639148846653.png

1639148868275.png

TAFKAP

Any idea what overheated it? Searing on a hot stove eye?

If you handed Mrs. TAFKAP a weed eater, she'd squeeze the trigger and run it on wide open.

Same with the stovetop.

I'm usually pretty good about preheating our skillets on low for a few minutes before turning it up. But I was actually surprised to read that LeCreuset only recommends medium heat to sear. I used to run it higher than that, but never full bore. We have only ever used this on an electric glasstop before (probably 8years), but switched to gas for the past year. It's been brown for a while, but I'm guessing the on-demand gas flame has been too hot for it lately.

Latest posts