Govt shutdown ?

MUP

MUP

Supporter
How do you react to a govt shutdown and the closing of national parks, when they were established and maintained with taxpayer funds from the start? Just wondering, and I understand the rangers and crew that keep them up and maintain the facilities, but just question being told there's no admittance once a shutdown occurs, if that's even the case. :?

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Don't surprise me at all.
Our government never ceases to amaze me.

H

huntintn

Want to close government funded areas, start with the projects. Then the projects putting all the single mom through school's for 10 years. My niece has been through nursing school, accounting, and now to be a teacher. 4 kids, 3 dads, 0 jobs, food stamps living the American dream.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
If it does shut down EVERY SINGLE Federal Govt Worker WILL get back pay from the TAXPAYERS.

Last time it happened Obama ORDERED the parks and other govt places the general public used to close to put public pressure on Congress to pass what he wanted.

B

blondebear

Wildcat":1k9ubued said:
If it does shut down EVERY SINGLE Federal Govt Worker WILL get back pay from the TAXPAYERS.

Last time it happened Obama ORDERED the parks and other govt places the general public used to close to put public pressure on Congress to pass what he wanted.

that exactly.

no doubt the non-essential gubmint workers are praying ( repubs) or conjuring spells (dims) for an extended paid vacation.

should be a tit for tat for trumps agenda. i think the dims will take the hit if trump wins.

P

poorhunter

I’m sure like always the Republicans will cave in to those serious sounding Dems , and will approve DACA without funding the wall or stopping chain migration or the visa lottery. That’s my prediction.

PickettSFHunter

PickettSFHunter

Supporter
A lot of agencies have funds to pay workers for a few weeks. I know I would be working without pay if it went on very long, but I’m sure most of you all would be ok with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
PickettSFHunter":1j37hd2y said:
A lot of agencies have funds to pay workers for a few weeks. I know I would be working without pay if it went on very long, but I’m sure most of you all would be ok with that.

Every time the Federal Govt shuts down ALL the Federal employees got back pay if they worked or not.

PickettSFHunter

PickettSFHunter

Supporter
Wildcat":1ko2wtrc said:
PickettSFHunter":1ko2wtrc said:

Every time the Federal Govt shuts down ALL the Federal employees got back pay if they worked or not.
Agreed on that.Most people, federal or not, enjoy getting paid on time for work performed though. A shutdown of any time at all greatly jeopardizes that. Would we want to delay pay ,for at least 2 weeks minimum, of federal law enforcement, federal prison guards, nuclear material couriers, military service members, folks in vital defense positions, etc etc?

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
But that is not working "without pay" because everybody will get paid sooner or later. Sure it's hard for some when they have bills coming in , etc. But nobody would not be working for "free". The ones that are told to go home will get a "free paid vacation" while the ones that stay on the job will be paid "in full" but no vacation.

T

TraumaSlave

Let em shut down. Then cancel their benefits. Let them start the process over, wait 90 days after the end of the first month for them to start. Let them pay the penalty for not having them or pay COBRA. Let them file for unemployment. Let them suffer like the rest of us do when we loose our jobs. No pay for not working unless they have vacation time to be garnished. What exactly is the daily federal labor budget? Just think of the savings.

EastTNHunter

EastTNHunter

85%+ of the government still operates as normal when the “shutdown “ occurs. Correct on the political aspect

Planking

Planking

When Obama shut down the national parks and monuments there were plenty of people that ignored it and went on about the business of visiting grave sites and the national parks. I suspect it wouldn't change my plans if i wanted to visit.

Shame that this is the world we live in.

K

knightrider

TraumaSlave":3cmhn7yr said:
Let em shut down. Then cancel their benefits. Let them start the process over, wait 90 days after the end of the first month for them to start. Let them pay the penalty for not having them or pay COBRA. Let them file for unemployment. Let them suffer like the rest of us do when we loose our jobs. No pay for not working unless they have vacation time to be garnished. What exactly is the daily federal labor budget? Just think of the savings.
How crazy? You think federal employees want to be sent home , bills coming in, family to feed, it's not the gov employees fault it's the politicians in Washington. If you want to punish someone how about focusing on politicians who are playing games with your tax dollars not employees trying to feed their families :bash:

S

sharpshooter

knightrider":xt1jx0qz said:
TraumaSlave":xt1jx0qz said:
How crazy? You think federal employees want to be sent home , bills coming in, family to feed, it's not the gov employees fault it's the politicians in Washington. If you want to punish someone how about focusing on politicians who are playing games with your tax dollars not employees trying to feed their families :bash:
Couldn't agree more. The politicians need to feel the wrath of their decisions, not the average Joe that is working for a paycheck like you and I. We need to take our country back and make these fools, the politicians, work for us instead of holding the people hostage. But we'll just continue to drink the kool aid.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

T

TraumaSlave

sharpshooter":fomwyc3a said:
knightrider":fomwyc3a said:
TraumaSlave":fomwyc3a said:
Couldn't agree more. The politicians need to feel the wrath of their decisions, not the average Joe that is working for a paycheck like you and I. We need to take our country back and make these fools, the politicians, work for us instead of holding the people hostage. But we'll just continue to drink the kool aid.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Let their decisions and greed hit close to home. Maybe when it is really effecting their own, they will think a little bit about the consequences of their actions.

K

knightrider

TraumaSlave":1ibuk0o2 said:
knightrider":1ibuk0o2 said:
TraumaSlave":1ibuk0o2 said:
How crazy? You think federal employees want to be sent home , bills coming in, family to feed, it's not the gov employees fault it's the politicians in Washington. If you want to punish someone how about focusing on politicians who are playing games with your tax dollars not employees trying to feed their families
Let their decisions and greed hit close to home. Maybe when it is really effecting their own, they will think a little bit about the consequences of their actions.
You really have no clue how it works do you? The politicians have no own, they care about no one but their selves and the ones filling their pockets, they could care less about average Joe gov employees or this crap wouldn't happen

FLTENNHUNTER1

FLTENNHUNTER1

Shut er down I couldn't care less

RobbyW

RobbyW

When I was younger and a very low level federal employee I can tell you shutdowns suck. I was mission essential meaning I didn’t get the “paid vacation” I just got to work without a paycheck. I did get back pay. By the way your landlord doesn’t care if there is a shutdown they still want rent