Government involvement in RR strike

Chiflyguy

Been done before.

I’m sure the Army in 1950 is a lot different than the Army of 2022.
My nephews in the Army.
I wouldn’t let him drive a Hot Wheel.
Please don’t let the current Navy run the railroads😳

SALTMAN

unions for the most part , suck . You people advocating letting them shut down have NO idea of the impact it would have on You and your family . Unions were necessary , and still are in some cases . They protect the lazy, which affects the hard working coworkers . I have friends in the RR, some retired , living the life . Overpaid , under worked . Anyone have any idea how much the top union bosses are knocking off ? Research !

FLTENNHUNTER1

unions for the most part , suck . You people advocating letting them shut down have NO idea of the impact it would have on You and your family . Unions were necessary , and still are in some cases . They protect the lazy, which affects the hard working coworkers . I have friends in the RR, some retired , living the life . Overpaid , under worked . Anyone have any idea how much the top union bosses are knocking off ? Research !
I say shut it down and let the useful idiots who voted this trash into office feel the pain. Maybe that will get them to change their votes and motivate the non voters to pull their heads out of the asses and do something about it. Nothing worse than a non voter running their mouths about the current state of our political system while doing absolutely nothing to change it.

Chiflyguy

I was a Maintenance Supervisor for a chemical plant. My workers were United Steel Workers Union.
Biggest bunch of slugs I ever worked with.
Had 9 grievances against me and won 8 of them. In one year.
None of them guys could comprehend their own contract.
They hated I had a copy.
If I could have gotten away with it, I would have kicked everyone of them in the nuts.

MUP

Supporter
At the risk of shoveling this thread on over to the political forum, I just watched the news report where Biden signed a govt contract for the RR workers to squash their strike threat. That said, could this have been his plan all along, working in favor of his Dem union supporters? He could actually sign a sweetened deal for them, having control that the govt does in this situation, and funnel even more money into their/his pockets. Just thinking out loud here. 😒

Wiley

At the risk of shoveling this thread on over to the political forum, I just watched the news report where Biden signed a govt contract for the RR workers to squash their strike threat. That said, could this have been his plan all along, working in favor of his Dem union supporters? He could actually sign a sweetened deal for them, having control that the govt does in this situation, and funnel even more money into their/his pockets. Just thinking out loud here. 😒
He got their mid term votes for his evil Democrat accomplices and then crapped in their nest when it came time to pay his bill. Even this huge group of his own followers can't trust him.

On a side note, I'm glad there will be no strike. Also, RR employees are getting REALLY greedy. Their pay and benefits far exceed 99% of all other blue collar employment packages.