Got Some Openings In Our Illinois Group

BigSatt

Our property is in Wayne County, Illinois. Last year, we had 5 different tracts leased. This year, we plan to have that many or more. Anyone reading this should understand that we are Firearm Hunting Only. That's how the group was initially set-up, and that is the plan for the future. There will be NO bowhunting (please don't ask), as our strategy is to hunt unpressured properties. We do not have a size, score, age limit on our properties. However, there is a 1 buck rule in our group. So, when you put that buck on the ground, you are finished buck hunting for the year. Make sure you will be happy with your buck before pulling the trigger, as we will be happy for you.

The majority of our farms are along waterways in river bottoms. They contain timber and thickets that adjoin MAJOR agriculture, with numerous pinch points (stand sites). Our remaining properties are on slightly higher ground. They are made up primarily of timbered lots, thickets, CRP; and they have, or join, major agriculture.

Our fees are $1,250 per person. In addition, the Illinois Firearm tag is $300 (which will need to be applied for/acquired in June). The hunting license is around $56 (can't remember this one for sure at the moment, but you don't have to buy this or the Habitat stamp until you are ready to hunt), and the Habitat Stamp is $5. I don't mean to try and scare people off by posting all of these prices, but I do want folks to understand what the expenses are. We already have motel rooms reserved in Fairfield, by which we share the costs.

I have been able to meet/hunt with some really GREAT people from this site in our Illinois group. As a result of this listing, I hope to meet and hunt with a few more. Thanks for looking. (BTW, I work second shift and cannot access TnDeer at work. So, my reponses will be midmorning. Thanks.)

Redfred16

I can't say I've seen the properties, but I can say if you're intersted in big bucks, this is a great area of IL to go.

Alot of the guys I knew back in Wisconsin were headed to southern IL to hunt after getting pushed out of Buffalo Co. area in WI.

WG Taxidermist

If Icould afford to go back this year id be on the list! Went a few year back and had a great time meeting all the guys and had an awesome hunt to boot! Killed the biggest deer I've ever killed hunting up there with BigSatt! I would definitely check it out if your looking for a good out of state hunt.

BigSatt

WG Taxidermist said:
If Icould afford to go back this year id be on the list! Went a few year back and had a great time meeting all the guys and had an awesome hunt to boot! Killed the biggest deer I've ever killed hunting up there with BigSatt! I would definitely check it out if your looking for a good out of state hunt.

When you get ready Jody, you will be more than welcomed.

Thanks for the kind words.

hitek7

This is a good county for big deer, hunted it for years and videos several bucks killed out of this county. Spent many nights at the Briarwood Inn!! If I did not just have a new baby, I would proably jump on this. Maybe I still will if it hangs around long enough.

BigSatt

BowGuy84 said:
If I didn't already hunt 2 states I'd be all over this. Still considering it...

How many acres and how many total hunters are in the "group"?

Typically we have had 6 in our group. We are contemplating picking up a little more ground, therefore we may bump it up to 7 people total.

BigSatt

hitek7 said:
This is a good county for big deer, hunted it for years and videos several bucks killed out of this county. Spent many nights at the Briarwood Inn!! If I did not just have a new baby, I would proably jump on this. Maybe I still will if it hangs around long enough.

Briarwood Inn is where we stay each and every year.

Matter of fact, I book for the next year when I arrive to check in. If not, you may not get a room.

Hollar Hunter

Is it 9 total days of hunting for the season? I miss hunting up there bad! Use to get to hunt by the little wabash...

Hollar Hunter

BigSatt said:
Hollar Hunter said:
Use to get to hunt by the little wabash...

3 of our farms are on the Little Wabash!

That's a GREAT area, I ran around there for a few years!!! I just couldn't make it happen this year but I will certainly be checking with you next year to see if there's another opening...