• Help Support TNDeer:

got some bad news, need a prayer

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

WTM

thanks for the prayers and encouragement guys. he went to the ENT back before Christmas for sinus problems and as soon as the doc came through the door and saw him, he said, you have a problem with your thyroid. i didnt notice anything different about his neck at Thanksgiving but when he came home for Christmas his neck was swollen on both sides. the doc told him then that it may have to be removed but my son told him no.

he received the biopsy and scan results today and i couldnt make out anything so i sent them a relative and she called me back in 10 minutes. she told me that we have to convince him to have the surgery, and soon, or he is going to die. basically she said that he would choke to death. its almost like he doesnt believe it and he is in denial.

so he has an appointment next week with the endocronologist for something and we are taking him even if i have to strap him in the car myself.

buckbstr_1

Prayers are being sent. If you need anything I am down the road. Keep us posted and we will be praying for good news.

DANO63

Praying for you both.
My son had the same issue this past summer.
Mass on his thyroid was removed and was benign.
Pretty scary stuff.
God bless.

KPH

thanks for the prayers and encouragement guys. he went to the ENT back before Christmas for sinus problems and as soon as the doc came through the door and saw him, he said, you have a problem with your thyroid. i didnt notice anything different about his neck at Thanksgiving but when he came home for Christmas his neck was swollen on both sides. the doc told him then that it may have to be removed but my son told him no.

he received the biopsy and scan results today and i couldnt make out anything so i sent them a relative and she called me back in 10 minutes. she told me that we have to convince him to have the surgery, and soon, or he is going to die. basically she said that he would choke to death. its almost like he doesnt believe it and he is in denial.

so he has an appointment next week with the endocronologist for something and we are taking him even if i have to strap him in the car myself.
Tell him removing the thyroid is a easy operation it is done all the time. He will have to take a pill for the rest of his life but that is no big deal, I was told it is the most prescribed pill. If he needs someone to talk to I would be more than glad just PM me and I will give you my ph#.

7mm08

Sorry to hear this. I have a good friend going thru this now but he was Stage IV when they found his. Prayers for your son and you as you both walk down this road.

Latest posts