Got my first deer, thanks to y'all

Shag

That's awesome! Congratulations! Very special…you only get one first deer. Mine was a little 49 pound doe, 30 years ago this month, back when they had 2 ML seasons.

Ed Cude

First off, Thank You to everyone who has contributed to this website; it has offered me a wealth of information. I have been hunting for 3 years to no avail, until now.
I got my first ever deer today and will fully process it myself. Nothing special but it warms my heart to fill my family's bellies.
I'm hoping to preserve the hide myself, wish me luck!
I process my deer myself these days 3 so far for the year . 2 doe 1 buck going to do my part in getting rid of CWD in Tennessee by thinning the deer out .

Chickenrig

Congrats to your first deer my friend
Like others have said ,that is one special deer right there !!!! Everytime you look at that tanned hide on the wall it will transport you right back to that time and place when you could feel your heartbeat in your throat!!! Great job 👍🏻👍🏻

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
Congratulations!. That's one you will never forget! My first was about 40 years ago. Small buck with one antler broken off at the base. Seemed like I was a mile from the truck that was parked by the landowners barn. As I was dragging it up to the truck huffing, puffing and sweating, the landowner came.out of the barn and asked me why I didn't drive back to get it. I said I never considered leaving it unattended. He just laughed.

Latest posts