Got my biggest

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Thanks guys…it was indeed a tough drag, but got 'er done and hung. Here's how I walked up to him:
14C83573-7A3F-4740-A53F-90F182CA1150.jpeg

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Walmart optical usually has individually wrapped anti-fogging wipes and a product that's been around quite a while called "Kat Krap" that's a paste you apply to whatever kind of lenses to let dry and then buff with a micro cloth. Can't say I always remember to actually take such precautions but I try!

Anyhow, it looks like your persistence and confidence in that spot paid off bigtime, so congratulations! Also congratulations on the great shot!
Yeah, TNDEER members taught me how to look at terrain features, especially saddles, for rutting bucks. I would have been clueless without the help I get from reading posts about how to hunt the hills and hollers around here. This is my third year on this property, and the third buck I've killed from the same spot I picked out just by looking at the maps. I've seen bigger deer than this one while driving by the area this property is located on my way to work. There's a few large properties this place (115 acres) sits between, and I see big deer every year from the road.

TboneD

Yeah, TNDEER members taught me how to look at terrain features, especially saddles, for rutting bucks. I would have been clueless without the help I get from reading posts about how to hunt the hills and hollers around here. This is my third year on this property, and the third buck I've killed from the same spot I picked out just by looking at the maps. I've seen bigger deer than this one while driving by the area this property is located on my way to work. There's a few large properties this place (115 acres) sits between, and I see big deer every year from the road.
You gotta love hill country hunting. I've done some on Center Hill lake, Cheatham and LBL but around here it's pretty flat, with aerial photos being key for identifying transitions.

Latest posts