Got Me a Covid Deer

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
I'm the one with covid, not the deer.

I swam laps Wednesday morning then headed out for the cabin. I stopped at the firing range at Natchez Trace to check my rifle since it experienced a short drop on its butt a couple of weeks ago. Got to my cabin and all was fine after the cold spell. I pulled the boat out to run the motor then started to feel congested and got the chills a little later. I thought at first that the congestion could be from my swim that morning because the pool water will, every once in a while, cause me to have a little congestion at night.

I got little sleep that night as the congestion got really bad along with aches and a slight fever. I got up early enough to take a hot shower to help get the congestion moving, took Sudafed and Aleve, and made it to my stand while still dark. It's a 20-minute drive and a 10-minute walk from my place. I was dressed plenty for the outside temperature but still felt a few chills.

I wanted another deer for the freezer and luckily got one at 2pm which will do me for the year. It was so nice to get it taken care of and to get back to the cabin relatively early. I went to bed early and had a good night's sleep; I didn't wake up till after the sun was up. I don't think I could have handled getting up early and out in the stand again.

I drove back home and performed two covid tests and both indicated positive. I'm feeling a little better already so I'm hoping that if I do have covid that this will be like a cold for me.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
Thanks ya'll. I feel almost normal Saturday morning except for some sinus congestion; mainly feel it in my ears when I swallow. I don't have a fever. I'll hang out at home for a day or two; good day for it with the rain today.

If this had hit me just a little earlier, I would have put the hunting trip on hold but stuck with it since I was already committed. I had put off a couple of hunts due to weather and family and the season was drawing to a close.

bigtex

Congrats on your deer, sorry about the Covid though.
Hopefully you got a mild dose of it and will get over it quickly!

CHRIS WILSON

I'm the one with covid, not the deer.

I swam laps Wednesday morning then headed out for the cabin. I stopped at the firing range at Natchez Trace to check my rifle since it experienced a short drop on its butt a couple of weeks ago. Got to my cabin and all was fine after the cold spell. I pulled the boat out to run the motor then started to feel congested and got the chills a little later. I thought at first that the congestion could be from my swim that morning because the pool water will, every once in a while, cause me to have a little congestion at night.

I got little sleep that night as the congestion got really bad along with aches and a slight fever. I got up early enough to take a hot shower to help get the congestion moving, took Sudafed and Aleve, and made it to my stand while still dark. It's a 20-minute drive and a 10-minute walk from my place. I was dressed plenty for the outside temperature but still felt a few chills.

I wanted another deer for the freezer and luckily got one at 2pm which will do me for the year. It was so nice to get it taken care of and to get back to the cabin relatively early. I went to bed early and had a good night's sleep; I didn't wake up till after the sun was up. I don't think I could have handled getting up early and out in the stand again.

I drove back home and performed two covid tests and both indicated positive. I'm feeling a little better already so I'm hoping that if I do have covid that this will be like a cold for me.
That was me last Sunday...minus shooting anything. Got out last Sunday afternoon and the longer I sat the more tired/off I just felt. Had some does come in about 30 minutes before the end of legal shooting light. I ended up letting them all walk due to just not feeling up to dragging one out of the woods. Got home, showered and went to be early but slept very fitfully. Still felt really tired on Monday but went to work due to no fever or any other symptoms. Thought I was just tired from not sleeping too well the night before. Well, that changed by the end of my shift with mild body aches and a runny nose. Got home and yep....COVID positive. First time I've had COVID, ever. It's been very mild. I haven't really felt bad. No fever to speak of....only mild body aches for a day or two and a nose that wanted to run like a faucet for a few days. The fatigue/tiredness has been the bear though. Just now starting to really get my energy back. Hope it's a mild course for you as well.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
That was me last Sunday...minus shooting anything. Got out last Sunday afternoon and the longer I sat the more tired/off I just felt. Had some does come in about 30 minutes before the end of legal shooting light. I ended up letting them all walk due to just not feeling up to dragging one out of the woods. Got home, showered and went to be early but slept very fitfully. Still felt really tired on Monday but went to work due to no fever or any other symptoms. Thought I was just tired from not sleeping too well the night before. Well, that changed by the end of my shift with mild body aches and a runny nose. Got home and yep....COVID positive. First time I've had COVID, ever. It's been very mild. I haven't really felt bad. No fever to speak of....only mild body aches for a day or two and a nose that wanted to run like a faucet for a few days. The fatigue/tiredness has been the bear though. Just now starting to really get my energy back. Hope it's a mild course for you as well.
Thanks. I don't think I've had covid before this.

Wednesday was the day I first noticed symptoms and that night was the worst. After that I had the tiredness and sinus congestion with occasional coughs but not severe and no fever after Thursday (which was low to begin with). It is Sunday now and I still have just a little sinus congestion and feel like I'm pretty much over it. I've been sitting around doing much of nothing and I'm ready to get moving.