Got lucky at Kentucky Lake

TNReb

Had a club tournament there Saturday. Friday was practice day. I have never fished the lake in my life before then.

I mostly flipped bushes and beat the banks Friday. Never got bit.

NumberOne gave me some general advice about how he had been catching them, and I tried to follow that more Saturday.

I lost a big one early. She jumped twice and threw the hook the second time. I wont exaggerate the size, but will say she was big.

Wound up grinding it out on that spot and finished with only 4 fish. I left occasionally to go throw something smaller at some bushes, docks, and rip-rap trying to fill my limit... but didnt have any luck. I was bummed I couldn't get the 5th one and thought losing that big one probably cost me the tournament.

My 4 went for 15.12 and it wound up being good enough to win. 2nd place was 5 for 14.56.

I can't believe it held up. I predicted it would take 18.5 to win.

They had a 114 boat BFL there the same day, and it took 18 to win, but 15.12 would have finished in the top 5. The lake is fishing tougher than I expected. You boys who fish that all the time have your work cut out for you!

JCDEERMAN

That's awesome - congrats! Where was the tournament out of? We put in at Cuba Landing, went up lake some and started flipping bushes. My cousin caught one just over 4 lbs and we decided to to go further up the creek where we knew there were more bushes. Turned the key and the batteries were dead. Had to get a jump from someone and head back to the ramp :mad:

TNReb

That's awesome - congrats! Where was the tournament out of? We put in at Cuba Landing, went up lake some and started flipping bushes. My cousin caught one just over 4 lbs and we decided to to go further up the creek where we knew there were more bushes. Turned the key and the batteries were dead. Had to get a jump from someone and head back to the ramp :mad:
We launched out of New Johnsonville.
I swear.. it doesn't matter how new or how old your boat is.. there are always problems. It's aggravating!

JCDEERMAN

We knew this was going to be a "see what happens" kind of day. My dads boat hadn't been taken out in 3 years. It had spider webs, dirt, mildew, you name it all over it. I got it out and detailed it and made it look like new. Engine started right up. We charged the batteries but they'd only get up to 90% charge. We were really just wanted to run it because it was sluggish last time out. Filled up with non-ethanol, fuel booster. Boat ran really well. Was smooth sailing at 70mph. The batteries were just shot. The guys that jumped us thought it was a 2-3 year old boat. When we told them it was a 2006 their jaws dropped LOL