Got it done in the rain this morning!

TboneD

You sure got that arrow to the right spot! Aiming there and he just didn't react or do you aim lower? Anyhow, it's sure nice when they do what you want em to do. Hunting public land mine never rarely seem to.

KODAK

The A Team 80S GIF

Joe2Kool

You sure got that arrow to the right spot! Aiming there and he just didn't react or do you aim lower? Anyhow, it's sure nice when they do what you want em to do. Hunting public land mine never rarely seem to.
That's the exit wound. Entrance wound is on the opposite side about 2 inches higher and 2 inches farther back. He was calm and unaware of my presence. Even though I'm shooting an older Parker Xbow (310-320 fps?), at only 18 yards, I don't think he had time to jump the string.

I guess that's a long way to say close enough that he didn't have time to react.

TboneD

That's the exit wound. Entrance wound is on the opposite side about 2 inches higher and 2 inches farther back. He was calm and unaware of my presence. Even though I'm shooting an older Parker Xbow (310-320 fps?), at only 18 yards, I don't think he had time to jump the string.

I guess that's a long way to say close enough that he didn't have time to react.
Gotcha. I'm shooting about the same speed out of my new Excalibur, my first Xbow and early this season had a doe and my green Lumenok just turn into a blur on me when I pulled the trigger at only about 24 yds, with plenty of light since it wasn't too early.

Never even wounded one with a compound or my old longbow but yep, my first time letting an arrow fly in quite a while, and with the much louder crossbow that keeps on bugging me. Think my biggest mistake, though, was reverting to shooting her like I would with a rifle instead of picking a spot much lower. Most likely I grazed the top of her back since there was very little blood on the arrow and not a drop anywhere to be found, but a couple of the four (Afflictor K2 fixed) blades evidently hit some heavy bone.

Thanks for replying.

Latest posts