Got her like I want her now

CliffordN

I bought an older Lowe deck boat to fix up for all around fishing, and to use on the rivers for big cats and stripers. So, I needed a bait tank and rod holders along with my electronics. The boat had plenty of room, but I wanted to make the best use of it, and avoid getting it cluttered.
After some consideration and a couple of days work, this is what I came up with. I think we are ready now!
Deckboat1.jpeg
Deckboat2.jpeg

double browtine

That is really nice! I have a 20' Seaark that is just about the same thing. One of these days I think I am going to gut mine and install a center console and delete all the rear seats and make it where I can fish out the back like a catfish boat and also fish off the front with the trolling motor for everything else.

CliffordN

That is really nice! I have a 20' Seaark that is just about the same thing. One of these days I think I am going to gut mine and install a center console and delete all the rear seats and make it where I can fish out the back like a catfish boat and also fish off the front with the trolling motor for everything else.
I left the seats so I can use it when family wants to go out too. But, there are rod holders all the way around, including on back.

CliffordN

Very nice set up,I always thought turning a deck boat into a fishing boat would be a great idea especially if you normally fish from a pontoon boat
I was originally planning to get a pontoon, until I saw someone else with this same boat. The deck boat hull looked like it would work better for me.

CliffordN

The only big downside in this has been the difference in gas consumption. The 115 uses a lot more fuel than my 50 did on the smaller boat. I have also noticed that it is a little harder to get this one on the trailer exactly like it should be, and the wind makes a real difference. It can push this boat sideways a lot easier, especially with the Bimini top up.
I can fix the loading issues by adding some guides. I just need to get the guys who go out on the water with me to chip in a little more for fuel!

Latest posts