• Help Support TNDeer:

Got Her Home

Bucky

66 Mustang. 6 cylinder car. Lots of work done...Lots of work to do.

Attachments

• Ford 1.jpeg
    Ford 1.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 101

bigtex

That'll be nice when you get it done. I had a 66 Mustang when I was a senior in high school. [1968] White with a black vinyl top, 289 4 barrel, [225 H.P.] and had disc brakes. Probably the best car i've ever owned, and wish I still had it.
Looking forward to see it when you finish!!

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

TNTreeman

My son and I got a 66 mustang Thursday . Body , paint and interior are 9.5 out of 10. Getting brakes and some engine work on it now. He’s super excited. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Last edited:

Bucky

I had fun today. I haven't done stuff like this tear down since high school. This is a 289 that a buddy gave me. To the machine shop we go Monday. I noticed the main bearings were 10 over so i like that. I plan to go with a little bigger cam to make it sound a little better.

Attachments

• Block.jpeg
    Block.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Pistons.jpeg
    Pistons.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 42

Bucky

I sure did luck up today. Picked up this 9 inch Ford rear end out of a 1978 Lincoln Versailles. Perfect match. Plans are to change gear ratio from 2:50 to 4:11. Just waiting on some warmer weather.
Rear end.jpg

Latest posts