Smokeless Got all my supplies

Smokeless

Jcalder

Got all my supplies and was planning on shooting tomorrow. The weather for sure isn't cooperating. Ordered 100 sst bullets and sabots, Luke's ramrod and spinjag. Was hoping to give a range report and may anyway depending on how quick it warms up. Woman has to be at work at 12.

Only question now is hard do you seat a bullet? I know to seat it on the powder tight but I'm guessing I don't need to stand on it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pressfit

Tight but not all that tight.. does that make sense? I have seated them so tight before that the ramrod would almost bounce out of the barrel when I slammed it into the barrel.. I never noticed it helping or hurting so I quit packing the load so tight..

Jcalder

pressfit":3lb8jr0m said:
Tight but not all that tight.. does that make sense? I have seated them so tight before that the ramrod would almost bounce out of the barrel when I slammed it into the barrel.. I never noticed it helping or hurting so I quit packing the load so tight..
I understand. I used to pack 777 so tight I had to pick the powder out when I went to push the bullet thru to put it up for the year. I don't plan on doing that lol.

jlanecr500

After seating your first load, mark the ramrod at the muzzle with a piece of tape to be used as a witness mark. Always make sure it is at the end of the barrel when loaded. This may save your life or limbs.

Jcalder

jlanecr500":bhdtgo7x said:
After seating your first load, mark the ramrod at the muzzle with a piece of tape to be used as a witness mark. Always make sure it is at the end of the barrel when loaded. This may save your life or limbs.
I definitely plan on doing this. I just want to settle on a load first.

fullstream

jlanecr500":2qeh4b1x said:

Great advice

Latest posts