Got a Hog Problem - Advice Needed

BlountArrow

I went and pulled my camera cards yesterday and I was driving to one of my trail cams when I saw that the ground was tore up. And, the thought occurred to me "Geez, I hope that ain't a hog. Well, there is a considerable amount of water run off between these two ridges so that might be what it is - it's sorta looked like this before." Needless to say, I got home and checked my game cameras and saw the culprit. I need this thing gone and gone now. This is only the second time I've seen a hog on the property. I've never hog hunted in my life but he was showing up around 5:30pm (not regularly though). Any advice on how I can most effectively get rid of this thing? It is on my family's private property. I had a black Russian Boar show up a couple years ago like this one; he tore up the pasture a little bit in one area and after a few weeks he was gone. Fast forwad to today, the area this hog rooted up had probaby (3) dozen waist high chestnut trees and saw tooth oak trees planted there :evil: . That didn't even occur to me when I drove by the damage, but all those trees are done for I'm pretty sure! Any thoughts?

BlountArrow

Agreed, killing is good. Never tried to kill one. Just go sit and wait? I thought someone might have some tips or tricks...something with substance would help.

mike243

just remember when you invite somebody to hunt twra may need a list filed with them before hand,the rules are not as clear cut as they could be for us undereducated hunters :stir: :rotf:

Atchman2

I've got some advice to see if it is around. I bought some "Pig Out" hog attractant. It works WAY better than just using corn. Pour it on some corn or just on the ground in front of your camera. They can smell it a mile away. You may have to ask TWRA about night hunting. They are nocturnal when it is hot like it is now.

It is better to stop them early. If they get established it can be bad. Sometimes TWRA will trap them too.

Latest posts