Goose recipe...turned out great

pass-thru

I did my first and only (so far) bit of waterfowl hunting last Feb and shot a Canada Goose.

Looking around online it was very hard to find anybody ethusiastic about eating them. The first breast I cooked last winter. I used the recipe from the Scott Rea Project on youtube. It was bad. It was so horrible that it took me until this week to summon up the courage to try something with the other breast.

So somewhere, and I can remember where, I saw somebody say they have a great recipe: cook in a crock pot with a beer for 6 hours, shred with a fork, add barbQ sause and cook some more.

That's what I did and it turned out great! So I thought I'd share with you guys in case anybody else is struggling with what to do with goose meat. Also be interested to hear what others do with theirs.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I tried my first one last year.
It was bad, real bad.
I will try again though lol

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

rukiddin

My first piece of advice is if you ain't willing to eat it rare or medium rare, just give it away to someone who will.

Canada geese aren't my first choice in waterfowl and I'm not big on eating residents. But migratory Canada's are pretty good.

I take the two breast fillets and put a rub on them. Let'em sit for a while. Then I get a skillet smoking hot and put the breast's in it. Give it about two minutes a side. Take'em out and put'em in a baking dish and slide in oven for about 20 minutes at 350. If done right, they will be rare/med rare in thickest part of the breast. I then slice it in 1/4" thick pieces. Kinda like roast beef. They're great on their own and even better laid on top of a big salad.

double browtine

Best I have ever eaten. You take two goose breasts, soak em in salt water for a couple days in the fridge. Put them in the crock pot on low with 2 cans of Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup, (not the cream style). Add the 2 cans of water. Let it cook for at least 10 hours. Eat with mashed potatoes or rice.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Slice em up into 1 inch cubes, smear a dab of cream cheese on one side, and wrap bacon around the goose/cream cheese and one of the following: a jalapeno pepper, a slice of onion and a slice of green pepper, or a pineapple chunk. Either grill or broil to medium rare. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes, dip in steak sauce (my preference is Country Bobs, but any dark sauce will do. DO NOT USE Heinz 57) and enjoy

kopter doktor

after you soak the geese....Canada,specs,and snows,in a salt water brine,marinate them in allegro game tame,the label has mallards on the bottle.slice them an wrap around a jalapeno that is stuff with cream cheese,peppers,onion,grated cheddar cheese,with thick wrap of bacon around the goose strip,with large wooden tooth picks threw them,standing up on your grill......OMG.