Good while it lasted

Crappie Luck

Crappie Luck

Staff member
I bought a brand new Ameristep blind for our youth hunt in early December. LOVEd that thing. Roomy, easy set up and nice for hunting with a heater.
Went out this morning to set it up for some mid-day hunts this week.

Poles were too cold, I reckon, snapped one like a twig:( Could even get to to fold back into the bag it's so screwed up.

Returning to Walmart but they are out of stock at Walmart.com. Think I might just call it a season

double browtine

double browtine

That sucks. I guess that's why they make the spring steel ones also. But I have never seen a two man spring steel blind. Only the hub style ones in a 2 man size.

GreyGoose

GreyGoose

advantage of private land i guess is i set multiple ones up and leave.most last 3-5 seasons.Attempted to move one once and it turned into a cluster f---.i just assure my set up location and let it be,clear shooting lanes annually and thats it...generally buy a couple,three or so after season for pretty cheap,just got to shop around

B

BlackBelt

You can pick up replacements at Bass Pro Shop in the camping section

cecil30-30

cecil30-30

Supporter
I had the same thing happen to me last year with a walmart blind. One of the poles splintered on the first time using it. Took it back and got a refund.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wrangler95

Wrangler95

I have broke some before in my blinds and I now use cane poles,cut to size and they work perfect

2in1shot

2in1shot

Lowes has 1/2” fiberglass plant stakes. Drill out the hub and cut to fit. $2 fix. Donkeys got hold of mine last season. Worked perfect.