Good shipping story

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
I don't have or hear of many of these so I thought I would share.

I had a package that was to be delivered last Thursday and it had to be signed for.
Sure enough, I had to take my wife to the doctor that day and it came at 11:30 a.m. on a Thursday. Of course they couldn't leave the package but I thought, who is supposed to be home at this time of the day during the week.

I knew we had all that sleet & snow coming in Friday so I figured it would be a week before I got it or I would have to drive to Humbolt to the FedEx hub to get my package. :bash:

About an hour after we got home from the doctor I heard a noise outside and sure enough there was a Penske truck in front of the house.
He said he had to come back through town so he wanted to try again because he wanted everyone to get their stuff.

This was shipped through FedEx and was delivered by a sub-contractor.

I shook his hand and told him I really appreciated it.
Nice to see people actually try and do their job.

I have a friend that worked for this same company (FedEx sub contractor) and those guys get the shaft on a daily basis.
Overloaded trucks and no way to map their deliveries to keep them from passing the same house 12 times then make a stop at it.
I'm surprised anyone gets anything anymore. LOL

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
I have had 3 drivers like that since I moved back here and they are still working driving run by my house. I live on a major highway and they all have to pass my house on the way back to Paducah. In all the years I lived in Memphis never had one do anything like that.

Snake

Snake

Well there are good news we some times are similar to the news people only reporting the bad , glad you got your package .

Gravey

Gravey

Supporter
I know freight companies get bashed a lot but I’m surprised at how well they actually do. It’s amazing considering the # of packages they handle on a daily basis.

B

brass magnet

Look at it this way, I show up at your house, with a 48' trailer, that isn't going up your driveway, with a 600 lb. air compressor, that you want in your shop that is 100+ yards up your gravel drive, and I have an appointment to be there at 2:00. It's 10 till or 10 after, but I'm here, and you say it's inside delivery, I reply, no problem, where is your dock, and you do have a forklift, right?? Meet me at Lowes tomorrow with help and a truck, or come pick it up at the terminal, and please don't do this again! People ask if I miss it, I just laugh out loud.

FTG-05

FTG-05

I've known my UPS driver since I moved here over 4 years ago. He's a trophy bow hunter that hunts the land just to the north of me.

We have each others phone numbers so if the weather is bad, like today, we can coordinate deliveies. For example, when my Ratchet Rake was delivered several years ago, there was snow and ice on my one mile gravel road but not on the black tops. Rather than deliver it the next day, he texted me and I met him so he didn't have to drive his truck down our road.

I'm expecting 1k rounds of .45 today (SGAmmo out of OK). So I texted him to make the same arrangement (1-2 inches of snow on the ground here). He texted me back and said they were all called back in. Good!!!

I call that great service!

D

Duck dogn

Yeah I've seen them on Sundays as well but last week my rifle came back from Mossberg via FedEx supposed to have adult signature! We are leaving for an event at school and here rolls up FedEx he say " y'all expecting a long package" I say yes sir he hands it out the driver window and says have a good day then drives off no I'd required and no signing! Keep in mind it's dark out and dark where I was standing!