Good season or Slow season start?

Mr_TTT2

For me, I haven't seen any deers yet, think the hot weather is the blame. Last year was better season for me. So, slow start..

I noticed if it is cold by Halloween, great season.

Andy S.

For myself, and the parts I hunt, one of the slowest and least appealing (to date) that I can remember. It just means I'll be really mad at'em when the weather gets right. :tu:

hunter0925

About normal for me. So far I have seen deer every sit and have passed quite a few. I have spent less time in the woods so far than normal, partially because of work, some heat and largely because I'm saving my time for when the bucks show up more and to have more time with my family. It will happen eventually.

fairchaser

Slow, slow, slow. It's too hot! I've seen a few but mostly empty sits. No shot opportunities yet either. Things are changing Thursday with the weather and I hope it's gonna improve. On the other hand, I've had some of the best success possible with the cameras.

Bone Collector

Slow, but that is partly my fault. More family obligations = less hunting. I had a good weekend last weekend, when I saw 4 Saturday PM and couldn't get a shot and then saw 1 Sunday Am and killed her. Other than those 5, I have seen 0 on the other 3 sits.

BlackPlott

Beyond slow for me. I've been 7-8 times. I've seen one deer and a few hogs. Those all on the same evening sit. Yes, it's hot. Probably too hot for any sane person to sit through, but I'd rather spend my mornings and evenings in that Summit climber than in my recliner watching tv or mowing the yard!

redheadshooter

I've only hunted 4 times, 3 of these were in the august hunt. I've seen multiple deer every sit, including a 140'ish 8 point. Been a pretty good start for me.

I hunted out west opening weekend, but since just haven't had the urge to go. When I see 90 degrees, I would just rather hang out with my 1 year old. Heading back out west this weekend, so probably won't deer hunt again until opening day of muzzleloader.

gobblesandgrunts

I've hunted 4 sits and bumped deer out one morning going in and didn't see anything rest of that morning, 1 doe early season hunt and then was getting out of my stand one sit to leave and had deer 75 yards and they blew and ran off. So far terrible season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dbllunger

Incredibly slow for me. Slowest season I have ever had so far in my 40 years of hunting that I can remember. I normally have one in the freezer by now or have at least seen lots of deer. I have seen one doe so far and that is on about 8 sits. I can't figure it out. I have hunted this property for ten years and never have this issue. I don't know what's going on. I just put out a cellular trail cam Saturday in an area where I normally get a decent amount of traffic and have yet to get a picture of a deer. I'm hoping the weather change will help out.

gunshow420

Slow. Been 6 times so far and today saw my first deer. However she saw me or some movement of me first and stayed just out of range. I'm hoping this cooler weekend will stir things up.

catman529

I have noticed it's hot every year during early season.

Deer movement has been pretty good for me. Finding a hot food source has been tough due to excessive red oak acorns and persimmons this year. Looking forward to some white oak acorns...

A lot of people's lack of success is because they're sitting inside in the AC... lol...can't blame anyone for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TreyB

cbhunter":1xh01sdf said:
Slow season start.....as in, I have not hunted one time due to the heat. Just cant get excited when it don't feel like deer season!

X2

Buzzard Breath

My season has gotten off to a great start and the freezer is well on its way towards getting full. I think the heat has done a wonderful job of keeping people out of the woods; not just hunters, but hikers and other users also. I've been able to hunt different, fresh areas every sit. I abribute this to more deer sightings than I normally have and I'm hunting an area that was hit with EHD last year.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Haven't been yet, been working six days and have lots of things going on, not to mention it's too hot for my liking. Fixing to change this weekend though!

bigtex

I've only been a couple of times but have seen deer both times. So far [knock on wood] this season is starting out way better than last. We had zero hard mast last year on my place and I attribute that to seeing few deer. We don't have a bumper crop this year but at least there are a few White Oaks dropping acorns.

huntncoach

For me this season has started better than last. Although it's been hot, the last four times out, I have seen deer. Now, I have not seen a bunch, but I have taken one already. None have been bucks, but we (buddy and I) just recently found a good stand of white oaks holding acorns. Hopefully, the next few weeks will be really productive.