Gonna be a cold one

NChunt1

I was planning on getting out in the morning here in east tennessee but the forecast is calling for 33 degree morning but no wind. You guys think they will be gobbling ?

deerfever

Once birds are ready, the weather effects humans more than turkeys. I have killed them in a little bit of everything weather wise , on that note I have also went on a great morning and never heard a gobble. You just have to go to and see what happens.Good luck

NChunt1

Yeah that is very true anything's better than sleeping in on a morning when you could have went hunting and waking up and it being a beautiful day. That's probably one of the worst feelings a hunter can have

SwampChicken

I'll be camping out on the river and hunting tomorrow-Friday. Gotta get after em' when you can. Tomorrow morning will def give the 29 degree opener a run for it's money

cowhunter71

They will gobble when they feel they need to. No weather, temperature, pressure, or any other factor will change that. ;) If you or anyone else reading this plans on hunting South Cherokee, than I would definitely advise you to stay home:)

megalomaniac

Was perfect gobbling weather in south MS this morn! I covered 4 miles early am and didn't break a sweat. Covered 2 miles this afternoon. A little windy this afternoon. Didn't hear a gobble, found a set of tracks this afternoon that were made by a male bird (not really sure if they were from a jake or tom). Can't hunt again till this weekend, and weather is supposed to be rough down here. I was a little disappointed I didn't at least hear one with what I would have considered near perfect weather conditions.

Latest posts