Going up... shooting house

cecil30-30

I don't know how far you have to park and walk to the stand, but you could hang some burlap around the bottom and park your 4 wheeler under the stand. It's coming together nice!
It's only about a 200 yd walk to the stand from the gate. All flat. I try not to use a atv on the property to try to cut down on pressure. I generally use the tractor to retrieve deer. All in all the property sits about a half mile off the road. It is land locked and has a long easement through the wood to get to it.

Wiley

I'm not sure I follow? Angle braces?
They may not be needed since you have it anchored but 2 opposing sides of the pallet racks have angled braces welded into them. The other 2 sides are open minus what looks like horizontal 2x4s. Just a personal opinion of mine that I would want angled bracing on the 2 open sides. Horizontal bracing doesn't really add any structural strength in preventing any leaning to occur.

BUT, that's gonna be a heck of a good tower/stand! You got me thinking that I need some pallet racks due to needing to build 3 stands on my place.

cecil30-30

They may not be needed since you have it anchored but 2 opposing sides of the pallet racks have angled braces welded into them. The other 2 sides are open minus what looks like horizontal 2x4s. Just a personal opinion of mine that I would want angled bracing on the 2 open sides. Horizontal bracing doesn't really add any structural strength in preventing any leaning to occur.

BUT, that's gonna be a heck of a good tower/stand! You got me thinking that I need some pallet racks due to needing to build 3 stands on my place.
I gotcha.. I hadn't thought about that. But will definitely do that. Any additional bracing will help being out in the open. I plan to add two more mobile home anchors before all is said and done since I have enough left over cable to do so.

cecil30-30

Another weekend and I only get 1 day to work on it. Dang this weather. Got my plywood and metal pre cut for the roof. The next day I get to work on it, it will be in the dry. Put some feltbuster down on the plywood floor to help keep it dry till next weekend. I put so 2x4's up on the walls while leaving 36 1/4 inches between them for my windows, whenever that may be lol. The first picture shows where the door will be on the right and a 36 inch window will be on the left. Slow and steady.
20220115_150917.jpg

Attachments

• 20220115_150902.jpg
    20220115_150902.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 54

cecil30-30

Actually am going to put plywood on top and cover it qith feltbuster. Can't make my mind up if I should put straps on top of the plywood and raise it up or not. Or just screw it strait to the feltbuster covered plywood. I have allowed for a small overhang on all sides and I will be putting a drip edge all the way around.

cecil30-30

Little by little. I'll be happy to get this bugger done. Just have 3 more pieces of wall to put up and then slap the roof on and put the door on. I'm still about 2 to 3 weeks out on my deerview windows. Everything was going great until I reversed my measurements when I was cutting a wall sheet. Botched it. Lol I was so mad. @ $45 a sheet I had to make it work. The deer won't know the difference. You can see the bottom of the one panel how it doesn't fit flush with the floor. I painted the panels in my basement so I wouldn't to worry about the temperature. Hope to get the walls done and roof done tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20220122_165957.jpg
    20220122_165957.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 20220122_165933.jpg
    20220122_165933.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 110