Going up... shooting house

cecil30-30

cecil30-30

Supporter
I don’t know how far you have to park and walk to the stand, but you could hang some burlap around the bottom and park your 4 wheeler under the stand. It’s coming together nice!
It's only about a 200 yd walk to the stand from the gate. All flat. I try not to use a atv on the property to try to cut down on pressure. I generally use the tractor to retrieve deer. All in all the property sits about a half mile off the road. It is land locked and has a long easement through the wood to get to it.

cecil30-30

cecil30-30

Supporter
Are you going to put angle braces on the 2 sides that don't have any right now? You're headed in the right direction and the mobile home anchors will hold it down.
I'm not sure I follow? Angle braces?

W

Wiley

I'm not sure I follow? Angle braces?
They may not be needed since you have it anchored but 2 opposing sides of the pallet racks have angled braces welded into them. The other 2 sides are open minus what looks like horizontal 2x4s. Just a personal opinion of mine that I would want angled bracing on the 2 open sides. Horizontal bracing doesn't really add any structural strength in preventing any leaning to occur.

BUT, that's gonna be a heck of a good tower/stand! You got me thinking that I need some pallet racks due to needing to build 3 stands on my place.

cecil30-30

cecil30-30

Supporter
They may not be needed since you have it anchored but 2 opposing sides of the pallet racks have angled braces welded into them. The other 2 sides are open minus what looks like horizontal 2x4s. Just a personal opinion of mine that I would want angled bracing on the 2 open sides. Horizontal bracing doesn't really add any structural strength in preventing any leaning to occur.

BUT, that's gonna be a heck of a good tower/stand! You got me thinking that I need some pallet racks due to needing to build 3 stands on my place.
I gotcha.. I hadn't thought about that. But will definitely do that. Any additional bracing will help being out in the open. I plan to add two more mobile home anchors before all is said and done since I have enough left over cable to do so.

cecil30-30

cecil30-30

Supporter
Another weekend and I only get 1 day to work on it. Dang this weather. Got my plywood and metal pre cut for the roof. The next day I get to work on it, it will be in the dry. Put some feltbuster down on the plywood floor to help keep it dry till next weekend. I put so 2x4's up on the walls while leaving 36 1/4 inches between them for my windows, whenever that may be lol. The first picture shows where the door will be on the right and a 36 inch window will be on the left. Slow and steady.
20220115 150917

Attachments

• 20220115_150902.jpg
    20220115_150902.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 31
cecil30-30

cecil30-30

Supporter
Actually am going to put plywood on top and cover it qith feltbuster. Can't make my mind up if I should put straps on top of the plywood and raise it up or not. Or just screw it strait to the feltbuster covered plywood. I have allowed for a small overhang on all sides and I will be putting a drip edge all the way around.

cecil30-30

cecil30-30

Supporter
Little by little. I'll be happy to get this bugger done. Just have 3 more pieces of wall to put up and then slap the roof on and put the door on. I'm still about 2 to 3 weeks out on my deerview windows. Everything was going great until I reversed my measurements when I was cutting a wall sheet. Botched it. Lol I was so mad. @ $45 a sheet I had to make it work. The deer won't know the difference. You can see the bottom of the one panel how it doesn't fit flush with the floor. I painted the panels in my basement so I wouldn't to worry about the temperature. Hope to get the walls done and roof done tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20220122_165957.jpg
    20220122_165957.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 20220122_165933.jpg
    20220122_165933.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 97
G

gatodoc

Your efforts look great. I’d be curious what the actual $ cost is for materials when done. You know why I’m asking.....:)

U

utvolsfan77

Me too. Seems like you could get by cheaper, but yours looks like it will probably last longer, which may actually be cheaper in the long run when factored on a yearly use basis.