Goex closing…. Petition too remain open attached below👍

Smo

Anyone that cares anything about the shooting sports should sign & share…. Even if they're not using black powder..

Once it's gone, it's most likely gone for good.

Wobblyshot1

Smo, I was thinking in order to maybe get more attention and thus views you might like to edit the topic title to include something about the petition....up to you entirely, of course.

musical hunter

Its not cost effective to stay open for anyone. The environmental regulations and safety regs alone can bankrupt a company.
Its cheaper to make elsewhere with no concern for the safety or environmental laws. A petition cant fix those issues.

Wobblyshot1

I don't know the exact reason Hodgdon chose to abandon Goex. They had a fire at the plant back in June where, by the way, there were no injuries. They immediately said the were going to rebuild and we would soon have our beloved powder back on the market. Then in September, suddenly, the closing was announced...a real sucker punch for sure.

DaveTN

Thanks for posting the above video. Here is a more updated one from the same person that is an interview with a VP of Hodgdon explaining what's going on.

It's 30 minutes long and is worth listening to. But if you want the short version, my take from what he was saying is that Hodgdon has other areas that are expanding more than black powder and they need to focus on those. I was surprised to hear him say that Hodgdon is a small company with only about 17 people in the office and about 100 employees at various locations. So sure, I can see where focus on product lines is critical.

He talked about the fact that they are looking at buyers and are talking to some. But they way he talked about it didn't make me think anything is imminent. Of course they probably wouldn't imply that in a business deal.

Latest posts