GM Invests in Electric Boat Company (Pure Watercraft)

Safari Hunt

Where is all this electricity going to come from, if and when there is an increased demand? How much is it going to cost to wire your home for an electric vehicle? Where can you charge it? Our local Cracker Barrel had two charging stations. People parked gassers in the spaces. Took out the charging stations. Never saw an electric there. We saw Texas have windmills frozen and not working. Build more dams for power generation? That will take years for the government to approve the construction.

Bucket

Where is all this electricity going to come from, if and when there is an increased demand? How much is it going to cost to wire your home for an electric vehicle? Where can you charge it? Our local Cracker Barrel had two charging stations. People parked gassers in the spaces. Took out the charging stations. Never saw an electric there. We saw Texas have windmills frozen and not working. Build more dams for power generation? That will take years for the government to approve the construction.
My buddy used to work at a hospital in Nashville and they put in a bunch of charging stations in the employee lot right up front by the handicap spots. After realizing they weren't really being used he started parking his junky old diesel blazer there and throwing the plug under his hood. Nobody ever said anything.

Safari Hunt

Local lady drove her electric to Nashville. Took two hours to finally find a charging station at Opryland Mills and then it took two hours to charge. Here's a trick question- How long does it take to completely fill your gas tank?
I get a big laugh when they say, "It will go 400 miles on a charge." What is you are going 600 miles like I did recently. Then how long does it take to fully charge. Ah, mashuggah!

Snowwolfe

EV's are coming if you like it or not. Tesla has there own fast chargers and the locations are plugged into the cars GPS. A typical Tesla can pick up at least 50-70% charge in about 30-45 minutes. That's about the time it would take to stop and eat for lunch if on a road trip. I would guess less than 2% of drivers in the USA travel further each day than the range of a EV.
For most people the $$$ numbers don't make sense compared to ICE autos. But as the costs lower you will see more and more. Some of their advantages includes no oil changes, less maintenance, rarely do the brakes need changing, much cheaper to operate than an ICE auto, and they are fast, really fast.

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
EV's are coming if you like it or not. Tesla has there own fast chargers and the locations are plugged into the cars GPS. A typical Tesla can pick up at least 50-70% charge in about 30-45 minutes. That's about the time it would take to stop and eat for lunch if on a road trip. I would guess less than 2% of drivers in the USA travel further each day than the range of a EV.
For most people the $$$ numbers don't make sense compared to ICE autos. But as the costs lower you will see more and more. Some of their advantages includes no oil changes, less maintenance, rarely do the brakes need changing, much cheaper to operate than an ICE auto, and they are fast, really fast.
An aluminum gas engine can be recycled easily...

7mm08

Drive what you want…., I just want to make money off of it. Only 3% EV's now in America! What does the rest of the world run? Invested in oil & electricity and to crap with what folks drive….. I'm making money either way.

Safari Hunt

Where is all this electricity coming from to power the electric vehicles that Uncle Joe wants us to drive? Where (and how) are they putting chargers in the high rise apartments in NYC, Chicago, LA, , Miami Beach, etc.

Snowwolfe

Where is all this electricity coming from to power the electric vehicles that Uncle Joe wants us to drive? Where (and how) are they putting chargers in the high rise apartments in NYC, Chicago, LA, , Miami Beach, etc.
Like any vehicle, EV's are not for everyone. Same as big trucks and compact cars. For the average commuter who drives under 300 miles a day they are a good choice. Most of the charging is done at night when the power needs are smaller.
No, they are not for every one but they do have their place. Try to keep your mind open and you will see for a lot of people they make good sense.
I'll use my son as an example. He has a 50 mile commute and the hospital where he works allows people to charge for free. The end of every shift he can leave work with a fully charged car for free. For him, a EV would make sense.

Chiflyguy

Like any vehicle, EV's are not for everyone. Same as big trucks and compact cars. For the average commuter who drives under 300 miles a day they are a good choice. Most of the charging is done at night when the power needs are smaller.
No, they are not for every one but they do have their place. Try to keep your mind open and you will see for a lot of people they make good sense.
I'll use my son as an example. He has a 50 mile commute and the hospital where he works allows people to charge for free. The end of every shift he can leave work with a fully charged car for free. For him, a EV would make sense.
Are they using EV to mine the lithium for the batteries?
How much to replace the battery in a EV?
Who's gonna maintain the millions of charging stations?
Are we gonna have computer chip plants in the US or are we gonna rely on China to supply us parts when we are in a shortage now?
How are barges and cargo ships gonna go electric?
I won't see it on a large scale in my lifetime.

Snowwolfe

Are they using EV to mine the lithium for the batteries?
How much to replace the battery in a EV?
Who's gonna maintain the millions of charging stations?
Are we gonna have computer chip plants in the US or are we gonna rely on China to supply us parts when we are in a shortage now?
How are barges and cargo ships gonna go electric?
I won't see it on a large scale in my lifetime.
I have no answers for any of your questions. I do not own or operate or work in the EV arena. My only point was that for some people they make perfect sense. Just like some people like EV bikes for getting to their hunting spot.

Chiflyguy

I have no answers for any of your questions. I do not own or operate or work in the EV arena. My only point was that for some people they make perfect sense. Just like some people like EV bikes for getting to their hunting spot.
Okay
You just seemed really pro EV but on a large scale I don't see it happening.

Urban_Hunter

Friend of ours works at a big hospital in Nashville. He bought a Nissan Leaf back when there was a huge tax incentive… I think around 2014. Hospital has free charging. He's been driving that turd at least 5 years for nearly free. Last time I talked to him he said the battery was almost 3x past it's expected lifecycle but he was just going to drive it into the ground

Latest posts