Glass pot call advice

Harold Money jr

I've had 2 Roberts brothers calls and both have had something come apart inside both of em. They both quit sounding anything like a turkey. Which glass pot call would you recommend that sounds great and runs in the $50.00 range.
btw I promise I'm not that tough or rough on my calls. I've had true slates beside both Robert's bros calls when they went bad and they both went bad in padded cases inside my vest.

Knothead

What Remington700 said. Woodhaven makes a great call and I have been told by others that their customer service is top notch. (Fortunately, I've not had to deal with customer service as I've had no issues with their products).

Rakkin6

Going to give you a couple names for outstanding pot calls period.

Brad Roberts (From Knoxville I have his number if you need it)
Jimmy Schaffer (Oak Ridge Turkey Calls)
Mark Cunningham (Also from Knoxville)
Darrin Dawkins
Lonzo Trice
Chad Remenaric

I have all these guys contact info if you want to contact them. Most of these guys probably have a call made or could have you one in a month. These are all custom handmade calls individually and you honestly won't pay anymore $60-70 then you would for some woodhavens.

SwampChicken

I'll second Darrin Dawkins....he makes some fine calls, just ran into him this past Friday at the Unicoi Callmakers show and caught up. If you're ever stopping through Waleska GA I'd highly recommend looking Mr. Lonnie Mabry up as well

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
I'll second Darrin Dawkins....he makes some fine calls, just ran into him this past Friday at the Unicoi Callmakers show and caught up. If you're ever stopping through Waleska GA I'd highly recommend looking Mr. Lonnie Mabry up as well

Going to Lonnie Mabry's workshop is a humbling experience. Man's got so many stories to tell, you about feel bad trying out the calls. Best to budget several hours. As for the calls (which are fantastic)...you'll hardly find anything more affordable for custom quality. Trick is, he only sells to people who make the drive and show up. He doesn't ship; he wants you to play the calls and then pick.

SwampChicken

Going to Lonnie Mabry's workshop is a humbling experience. Man's got so many stories to tell, you about feel bad trying out the calls. Best to budget several hours. As for the calls (which are fantastic)...you'll hardly find anything more affordable for custom quality. Trick is, he only sells to people who make the drive and show up. He doesn't ship; he wants you to play the calls and then pick.
Probably the best 4 hours I've ever spent talking turkey and running calls

Safari Hunt

Kind of a DIYer. Any worthwhile kit on the market? Not ignoring those mentioned but like to tie flies, cast bullets, etc. Add turkey call to the list!
How To Call A Turkey- First, you need to know the area code. 🤗

Rakkin6

LOTS of good options. I like Oak Ridge calls the best personally. Jimmy makes an amazing call and is a great dude
I agree I talk to Jimmy probably 2 times a month. I have a glass and crystal call from him and also his Atomic-13. Just got an aluminum over aluminum Inna Blue Mahoe pot about a month ago.

Latest posts