Getting closer…

tree_ghost

Getting excited for juvenile! Just hoping the weather warms up a touch. I mean it is snowing outside. These birds were way down in a drainage yesterday with the cool temps and winds blowing steady.

Attachments

• 7307F4AA-1FA0-4DF0-BB37-46DD4C5B7FBF.jpeg
    7307F4AA-1FA0-4DF0-BB37-46DD4C5B7FBF.jpeg
    609.9 KB · Views: 143

deerfever

Supposed to back in 70s by the end of the week, typical TN weather . Lol, all will be fine and turkeys will do their thing through the ups and downs . Good luck and it's great to see all these pictures!

Soft Talker

good luck...

Looks like that gobbler is breeding a hen in that picture... cool pic.
Keep letting the "fools" try to convince you that Turkeys in this part of the country don't breed in mid March, and that 1rst breeding doesn't take place when Gobblers and Hens first "flock up".

tree_ghost

Keep letting the "fools" try to convince you that Turkeys in this part of the country don't breed in mid March, and that 1rst breeding doesn't take place when Gobblers and Hens first "flock up".
There were 3 tons with around 20 hens in this flock. They stayed in this bottom fit well over an hour and all of them bred multiple hens…

Soft Talker

There were 3 tons with around 20 hens in this flock. They stayed in this bottom fit well over an hour and all of them bred multiple hens…
I've witnessed 2 longbeards fight it out several times over the past 6 days, with the winner proceeding to mount and breed almost all of a flock of 13 hens here in my top pasture every morning. Temperature has had absolutely nothing to do with it, as I have witnessed this flock, give or take a few every year, breed right about the same time for 19 of the 21 years I have lived here. All about length of days. ;) The "real" biologists of years past had the season timed just right.

Speedwell-Hunter

Getting excited for juvenile! Just hoping the weather warms up a touch. I mean it is snowing outside. These birds were way down in a drainage yesterday with the cool temps and winds blowing steady.
exciting to see da boys are BACK!

Attachments

• trim.0B3C2088-76AA-49B1-A77B-1F864582E6CA.MOV
    834.7 KB