• Help Support TNDeer:

Gas and diesel shortage

EastTNHunter

Yep. Neighbor just called me. Too late it sounds like. And I forgot to fill up my lawnmower fuel tanks... hopefully supply returns by this weekend

BuckWild

A friend of mine is the regional gas buyer for a large chain of fuel providers. We talked yesterday about this and all I can tell you is that he said to top off your gas tanks NOW.

It's gonna get bad.

Pic IN the Casa

Apparently, the 'perpetrators' of this event have come out to say their intent was to only make money, not inconvenience everyone.

When's the last time a terrorist group, be it cyber or not, has apologized for inconveniencing people???

Rakkin6

I hate to be that guy that panic buys ( like the toilet paper shortage of 2020) but I am going to fill up both trucks. Started a part time job this morning at UPS. So I will be driving to work 4 days a week now. Since I retired pretty much just driving to the gym and hunting, but now I am working again plus hunting, fishing, gym etc. Don't want to call out of work my first week because I cant get gas.

RUGER

Supporter
Wife said half the pumps at the station she filled our car up at last night were shut down.
You know it's funny I didn't even think about it till you said this.
We were on the way home from Paris yesterday and the low fuel light came on.
I knew we would be close but my plan was to go to our usual place and fill up her car and my truck at the same time.
I decided to pull into the Casey's in Dresden and just get like $10 worth.
About half of the pumps had the yellow bags on them saying they were out of order.

TAFKAP

The HOU - NYC pipeline feeds a significant portion of South/Middle and East TN, along with GA and North Alabama. It's definitely creating problems for most of the state. I'm not sure how well the Valero refinery in Memphis can bail anyone out......I think west TN should be okay for the time being.

catman529

Costco in franklin always has a huge line. It’s the cheapest gas in franklin. And franklin has the highest gas prices in the state it seems like.

Bone Collector

Supporter
I went to Kroger to top off so I have gas this weekend to turkey hunt. Only needed about 5-6 gallons. Only gas they have is regular and Diesel. Some guy over there with a 100 gallon tank filling it with Diesel... wonder why there is a shortage.

Picture my buddy posted today on FB of a couple at the Speedway in Lebanon with at least 8-10 10 gallon tanks in the back of an SUV... I am sure they just want to be sure their mowers have gas this weekend. :rolleyes: